BMW Werkz banner

need helps replacing speakers

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  El Presidente 
#1 ·
i have 328ic 1997 and want to replace those stoke speakers next to the driver and passenger feet.
So far (going to cartoys and bestbuy) i learned that i cannot replace those speakers and have the small speakers at the doors work. I have to replace them all because the ones at the door are powered from the 5.25 ones at the bottom front.

I also heard that i can get 6 inch and cartoys ccan make them fit for small extra fit.

How about the speakers in the back seat? Do they run off of the ones at the fronnt? Would they HAVE to be replaced too?

I'm confused.

How are those stock speakers anyway (nokia i read). Would i get much improvement putting aftermarket speakers like pioneer or kenwood?

PS - i have two small speakers at the doors. Cartory said that when i get speaker and tweaters each speaker comes with only one so one of the speakers on each door will not be wired.

Can anyone help me make sense of this?

Thanks
Noam

See less See more
#2 ·
They're all idiots. You can replace any or all of them and leave the rest alone.

As for replacing the ones in the doors, the large® ones aren't worth upgrading. The top speaker is your tweeter. You can replace that by buying a component setup, or, if you want, you can just replace the the kick panel speakers with coaxials and not worry about what is in the door at all.

Lastly, the most reccomended brand you'll get here is Infinity. Great speakers, and argueably the best for the money.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.