BMW Werkz banner

Need help with radar detector mounts. stupid heat

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  thekid 
#1 ·
Well as the topic would suggest, I need some advice on how to mount my radar detector. When I got the detector $25 from a friend, all I got was the detector and the power cord. So I looked around and the only mouting kit I could find was a universal mounting kit from best buy for $10 figured ok that'll be fine. But the heat keeps on melting the glue for the velcro to stick on. So is there some kinda glue I could use that would stay together with the heat, but still allow me to take off the velcro pad ect if needed? Or is there a better way to mount it?

#2 ·
Hey,

I am not sure where you are mounting you radar detector but I have been told that it works best line of sight. I have mine mounted with suction cups to my windshield right in the middle near the bottom.

Something about radar pretty much being line of sight and line of bounce. Just thought I would throw in my 2 cents. You could try getting suction cups with hooks in them and hooking the hooks through the velcro but that might look kind of ghetto.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.