BMW Werkz banner

Need help finding info on a Subwoofer Enclosure for my ????????

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  da_bull 
#1 ·
As many of you may know by now I have a 95 325I Convertible and have asked a few questions in the recent month since I have joined , thanks to yalls info everything was answered and now everything is Great !!!!!!!! .
I am now putting a System in my Car and was wondering a few questions.
First off I just purchased 2 JL Audio 10W3v2 Subs and for an Amp I am using a JL AUDIO MONO SUB AMP 500/1 MONOBLOCK CLASS D 500 watt . I have seen a few websites out there with Subwoofer Enclosures for the E36 however the only problem is I am looking for one that fits in a Convertible... I think the ones on the sites are for Coupes only because the back Seats seems to fold down in coupes. I also still want a little room to use for transporting a few things just as in those links. Below are a few links of some enclosures that I have found. Where can I look for a Enclosure for the 325I Convertible ? Surely someone out there knows of a person or has a car like mine and have answers ? Yes this is posted under the E36 section but I figured incase someone in this section knew I would get lucky !

Thanks

#2 ·
I dont think that anyone has a pre-made enclosure for a 'vert. Check around your local audio shops about building you one. Preferably a JL dealer as they would know what size box to build. You may be suprised, the cost of the box may be pretty close to what the premade (i.e. Stealthbox from JL, Thunderforms from MTX) boxes are.

There are a few issues with 'verts. One is you lose a lot of compression by having a soft top. The bass waves will use a lot of their energy to flex the top, therefore making it not as loud as what it would be if you had the exact same system in a coupe. The other is trunk room. Its a 3 series so the trunk is small to begin with. Then you have to have a place to store the top, which takes up room. There isnt much room left.

That is why I suggest a custom box. A good shop will take into account the sound characteristics of your car and make the box accordingly.

Good luck and welcome to the forums btw...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.