need help with climate upgrade! - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

» Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Audio and Electronics
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Audio and Electronics The place to go to discuss sound systems and show off your I.C.E. along with security systems and radar detectors too!

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2007, 08:18 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
dhennessy is on a distinguished road
need help with climate upgrade!

Hi guys,

i am a noob needing some desperate help

I was wondering if anyone can help me.

I have a 2003 316TI ES (E46 Compact) and i want to upgrade the knobs to digital climate control. I already have the part and have fitted it, but it doesnt seem to work correctly.

All the features work fine apart from the vents do not change position.

Any ideas?

let me know thanks.,
dhennessy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2007, 02:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
da_administrator

Car: Its slow, gotta M20 in it
Photos:
da_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to da_bull
This maybe better answered in our 3-series forum, bunch of information-filled guys in there

-There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary, and those who do not.

-If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under...Ronald Reagan
da_bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 07:29 AM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
Compact-King is on a distinguished road
climate help

Yes you are a noob!!!!

i have had exactly the same problem on my compact, i went for months without the vents working but when it came to winter i decided i needed to see out of my foggy window!!!

It is a simple task, an inline resistor is needed before the climate connector block, this somehow solves the problem, it costs ninety seven pounds + vat from BMW and is a simple diy job for anyone!
the part number given to me was 236-6272

Hope this helps, let me know
Compact-King is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Audio and Electronics