BMW Werkz banner

Need Help!!!

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  da_bull 
#1 ·
I just bought my 94 740i about a month ago. I put 4 BRAND NEW cd's in the changer and play them with no problem. But when it gets to CD #4 it says CD error. So I start listening to the radio and later on in the day I go to change out the cd's, and NOT paying attention I put 5 new CD's in and go to play them. STUPID ME!!! There was a CD still in the player.
So I push the eject button on the changer in the trunk, and the eject button flashes a couple of times. I push it again and the light goes completly out. Nothing happens. I switch from the radio to the cd and the display says CD ERROR. I push the #6 cd slot and it says NO CD, same message for the #5 slot. #4 says CD ERROR. I have checked the fuse on the player and it is still good. I have even tried to force the cartridge out by using needle nose pliers and grabbing the cartride plulling on it. NO luck.

I am LOST. PLEASE HELP!!! I do not want to pay my local BMW dealer to look at it because they charge $110 an hour. Heck for a couple hours labor for them to fix it, I might as well by a NEW cd player.

Thanks in advance,
Misay

#2 ·
:welcome to the forums...

You may not be too far from the reality. That changer is now 12 years old and will probably continue to give you problems. You are probably better off purchasing a AM/FM/CD player for the dash and forgetting about the changer altogether. More bang for the buck and will give you better sound.

Hope that helps....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.