Navigation Upgrade_Help please - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
Audio and Electronics The place to go to discuss sound systems and show off your I.C.E. along with security systems and radar detectors too!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 03-31-2007, 04:52 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
mccabema is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
Navigation Upgrade_Help please

Hi,

I am hoping to upgrade my current MK2 Navigation system which currenty runs a small monochrome display.

This is whats in the trunk:

First off there is the cd changer and the Nav computer (Part No. 65906908310). The Nav Computer has one red and one blue ELO connector on the rear.

Here is a picture of the label on the navigation computer:

And the connectors at the rear:

Under that is a silver module that is labelled as a "BMW BUSINESS RDS" (Part No.65126901348). There are two coax cables connected to this, one standard FM size with a standard aerial connector and another thin piece of coax that runs to a GPS receiver module (Part No. 65908385141).

You can see the RDS module in the top picture under the navigation computer.

Here is a picture of the two coaxial cables connected to it.

Here is the GPS receiver:

I've also had a look at the rear of the head unit (Part No. 65126902804) and it has one blue ELO conector.

I am hoping to install a 16:9 display using as much of my current system as possible.

The display I bought has a cd player built in but I also have a changer in the boot so if this doesn't work, It won't bother me too much.

My question is this, what will happen if I plug the blue connector into the new display without changing any of the current setup?

My navigation reads SW 2-2/90, previously it read 2-2/40 but I upgraded the software.

I've read many posts regarding this upgrade but find my situation to be different as I am not attempting a complete retro fit, plus I am upgrading from a system that already located most of the equipment in the trunk.

The retro fit harness will be mostly wasted as I dont need to re-direct speaker cables, aerial coax etc.

Regardless of the computer I end up using (I might upgrade to a MK4dvd) All I seem to be missing is the cable that connects to the white ELO socket on the 16:9 display.

Can anyone tell me more of what this white connector is responsible for?

Thanks for your thoughts

M
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Audio and Electronics