Nav removal..help - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
Audio and Electronics The place to go to discuss sound systems and show off your I.C.E. along with security systems and radar detectors too!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 07-18-2008, 10:08 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
simple330xi is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
Nav removal..help

I ave never had such a pain in the ass getting a hu out of a car. I've got a2002 330xi with widescreen nav hu and i cant get the damn thing out!!! do i need a tool or is there some kind of trick to this thing??? i see clips and i just need to know which way they move or if i can use a small screwdriver or hole punch.. help!!!
completely frustrated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 07-18-2008, 11:06 PM
da_administrator

da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to da_bull
Can you take a quick pic of the radio and the clips you see? I cant quite remember what the 02 dash looks like. to werkz BTW...

-There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary, and those who do not.

-If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under...Ronald Reagan
#3 (permalink) Old 07-19-2008, 02:33 AM
n00b

simple330xi is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
Nav removal..help

Hey thanks man for the quick reply. I got it out finally with a very small screwdriver. It will not be going back in. I'm really not that impressed with the harmon kardon sound in the car. I'm going to take the nav unit in the trunk, the head unit and cd changer out and sell them. I really dont know how much they are worth. Everything is in great working order and it all looks good as new.
#4 (permalink) Old 07-19-2008, 03:10 PM
da_administrator

da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to da_bull
I was thinking they use the little 5 point star tool, but I couldnt remember. Glad you got it out. Good luck on your sale. You might even think about keeping it so if/when you sell your car, you can return to stock. Just a thought. Come check out the lounge, that's where the craziness happens...

Bill

-There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary, and those who do not.

-If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under...Ronald Reagan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Audio and Electronics