BMW Werkz banner

My E39 Radio Sucks....

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  007ben 
#1 ·
Have the car for 2 weeks aleady.. I love it so far but the only thing that sucks is the radio. I have the basic setup I guess..CD player in dash and radio on the bottom, then some amp in the trunk.

How can I improve the sound of this thing? I don't want to blow up neighbourhood or anything like that... just something to make this thing little better. I read that those BMW radios are actually pretty good.

Can I just replace the amp for something else? If so, which amp would be the best fit? I don't want to rewire anything. I just need a little kick in sound thats all....

any suggestions?

#3 ·
uuhmm I know I can...but I really don't want to replace the factory radio because I think it would throw the whole look out. I like the stock look. I was thinking maybe there is a way to replace the factory amp with something better that would let me plug in a sub to it? I guess what I am looking for is something plug and play. I don't want to mess around with wires.

#5 ·
I don't have a EQ :nope My stuff is basic I guess...I did mess around with bass and treble settings. It seems better but still not as good as my Nissan :thumbsdown

Is there an amp out there that is pretty much plug and play for e39 model? I really don't want to mess around with wiring. I used to do that to my other cars...no more though.. I want to keep it stock looking.

What do you guys think about those subs that Bavarian Motorsports are selling. They are 10 inch Infinity subs that suppose to just plug and play to my existing amp. Are they any good? Something like that would make me happy I think.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.