Might Buy This Setup For 375$ - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Audio and Electronics
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Audio and Electronics The place to go to discuss sound systems and show off your I.C.E. along with security systems and radar detectors too!

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2004, 07:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
Neutral Member

Car:
Photos:
Sandor18 is an unknown quantity at this point
My "friend" said the whole setup cost him like 740$. Either hes blatantly lieing or he got ripped off. Regardless heres what it is.

Power Acoustik fubr 12 inch subs. Retail 99 each on the site i found.

LT 980/2 amp also retails around 100 dollars.

Plus a box (100 or so retail).

He also has a 4 year warranty on the subs and has the wires.

He has it on an ebay auction for 400, i told him i might buy them for 375. Actually im positive ill buy them. but since i know shit about audio stuff i figured id ask you folks.

Is this a good deal? Everything is in immaculate condition. Also, will it be hard installing this stuff into my 325i?
Sandor18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2004, 02:28 AM   #2 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
Golden Boy is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't know the 325i. As far as buying sound equipment is concerned, it is NOT about price, believe me. It is about feelings. What kind of music do you listen to is the first question to be asked ? Then go to dealers and listen to some speakers with / or without amplifiers. Bring a CD you like and you know very well. gauge, compare. Take notes. Take your budget into consideration and then look for the best prices of the equipment you have selected (friends, ebay, web sites or dealers or whatever). Then you will be sure of what you have carefully chosen. Your choice may obviously depend on your budget but then limit yourself to waht your ears like. And remember that the quality of your final system will be the quality of your lowest-quality element, that is it is not necessary to buy an expensive amplifier with poor speakers, or vice versa.
Golden Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 11:02 AM   #3 (permalink)
WOT in Reverse

Car:
Photos:
jllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jllphan
I totally wouldn't buy that stuff. First off, it's not a good deal. Used car audio equipment generally has a market price of 50% of retail, no one should pay more than that. From what you have listed, it looks like you should be paying about $200 for all of it.

But that isn't really the point, it doesn't really matter how much you spend, it's what you buy. It doesn't matter if it's $200 or $2000, if it's crap, it's gonna suck. I'm familiar with PowerCoustic, and I've never cared for it. If you were to spend another $150, you could have a system that would sound a million times better, and last ten times as long.
Old 11-18-2004, 09:33 PM   #4 (permalink)
2nd Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
docrobot is an unknown quantity at this point
docrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Audio and Electronics