Mid range speakers and rattling - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
Audio and Electronics The place to go to discuss sound systems and show off your I.C.E. along with security systems and radar detectors too!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 07-31-2004, 02:14 PM
3rd Gear Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Kissner is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Kissner
(Thread Starter)
I have a 98' M3 and the mid range (larger of the two speakers on the door) speakers on both the passenger and driver side have begun to distort. Only on certain songs tho. I took the door panel off and the surround on the speaker had worn through. I patched it back together with some silicone and it hasn't bothered me since. I was just curious if anyone else has had this problem and what might have caused it? I never turn the stereo on really loud or anything like that?

I just installed 2 12" Alpine R Type subs and my trunk is a rattle trap. I bought some foam padding and cut it into small peices and stuffed my trunk lid with it in an attempt to make it stop but it didn't help at all. The rattle seems to be coming from the locking mechanism for the trunk. I was tempted to spray expanding foam in there, but i think that will stop the lock from moving. I've tightened all the bolts in the trunk and it still rattles. The only other thing i can think of is getting some Dynomat and hoping that fixes it. Anyone know anything else that i can try before spending 80 dollars on Dynomat that might fix the rattle? Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Subs_2.JPG
Views:	961
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	10643  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Audio and Electronics