Just Bought My 92 325i Now I Have A Cd Problem - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
Audio and Electronics The place to go to discuss sound systems and show off your I.C.E. along with security systems and radar detectors too!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 05-30-2005, 11:51 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
gothbrooks is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Hey all,

I just got a 92 325i and i love it!
however, the 6 disc changer in the trunk is not working. It seems like it has no power going to it since I cant even use the eject button. Also, when I press "Band" to switch to the cd player, it doesnt seem to be recognized by the audio system at all since it will only switch to AM and FM and not the CD changer. Pressing "Band" was how I was told it was supposed to work by the previous owner. I checked the cord and it is firmly plugged in. I know very little about auto electrical so I am not sure what to do next. Is there a specific fuse for the changer only that may have blown? is it probably complex? simple?

Just looking for someone to point me in the right direction so I can get this thing up and running again.

Thanks a ton and I'm glad this sight is here!

Tim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 05-31-2005, 06:23 AM
da_administrator

da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to da_bull
to the forums...

I was thinking there is a "mode" button. Its been too long since I've looked at my factory radio. If your eject button doesnt work (with the key on), make sure there is a cartridge in there, as it wont do anything unless you have one. Oh, another thing, make sure the cd changer says BMW on it and not some other brand, I've seen weirder things happen. Hope this helps....

-There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary, and those who do not.

-If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under...Ronald Reagan
#3 (permalink) Old 06-01-2005, 01:28 AM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
Hey!

Thanks a ton for the welcome. The "mode" switches between bass and treble for adjustment. I tried that one too it is an actual "BMW" stock cd changer. It has a cd in the cartridge too. Im really at a loss for this one. Any other ideas?

Thanks Guys

Tim

Quote:
Originally posted by da_bull@May 31 2005, 04:23 AM
to the forums...

I was thinking there is a "mode" button. Its been too long since I've looked at my factory radio. If your eject button doesnt work (with the key on), make sure there is a cartridge in there, as it wont do anything unless you have one. Oh, another thing, make sure the cd changer says BMW on it and not some other brand, I've seen weirder things happen. Hope this helps....
[snapback]348974[/snapback]
#4 (permalink) Old 06-01-2005, 06:33 AM
da_administrator

da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to da_bull
I cant remember if my factory cd changer had this, but almost every aftermarket cd changer has a reset button. Its usually right next to the eject button, in the form of a little button accessed by an unfolded paper clip. It should slide in there about 1/4" and you will feel it. when pressed it should have the same "click" as the eject button. Hold that for 3-4 seconds and you should hear something happening. This resets the microprocessor (Ctrl-Alt-Del'ing) and should set everything back to factory settings in the changer. Give this a try. If that doesnt make everything ok, you may have a bad changer.

On a side note, do you know if he had an aftermarket radio in there? In returning the factory radio, he may have forgotten to plug the changer back in.

-There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary, and those who do not.

-If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under...Ronald Reagan
#5 (permalink) Old 06-01-2005, 01:47 PM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally posted by da_bull@Jun 1 2005, 04:33 AM
I cant remember if my factory cd changer had this, but almost every aftermarket cd changer has a reset button. Its usually right next to the eject button, in the form of a little button accessed by an unfolded paper clip. It should slide in there about 1/4" and you will feel it. when pressed it should have the same "click" as the eject button. Hold that for 3-4 seconds and you should hear something happening. This resets the microprocessor (Ctrl-Alt-Del'ing) and should set everything back to factory settings in the changer. Give this a try. If that doesnt make everything ok, you may have a bad changer.

On a side note, do you know if he had an aftermarket radio in there? In returning the factory radio, he may have forgotten to plug the changer back in.
[snapback]349229[/snapback]
I dont think he had another changer in there. It is definetly plugged in too. I'll give that reset button a try, if I have one :-)

Thanks!
#6 (permalink) Old 06-12-2005, 05:49 PM
my car is red

94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to 94BMW325i Send a message via Yahoo to 94BMW325i
I had a similar problem when I bought my 325i, but the changer was broken after i tried all the things mentioned.

member and partial creator of pimpin the auto club
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Audio and Electronics