iPod control - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Audio and Electronics
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Audio and Electronics The place to go to discuss sound systems and show off your I.C.E. along with security systems and radar detectors too!

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2010, 10:19 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
bikefreax is on a distinguished road
iPod control

OK guys I am new here trying to help my wife. She got an 09 328 this past September. It came with the extra ipod stuff. My question is she seems to not be able to control the ipod with the x-drive system. She has the cord in the center console and the cord in the glove box. She says the cord in the glove box has to have the actual ipod cable connected to it. She says the ipod will not connect to it. Does she have something crazy going on? I have nothing to do with this car so try not to ask me any questions. Does she have every thing she needs to just control the ipod with the x-drive? The dealer is saying it is not set up that way. Like i said the cable in the glove box has the usb end that the ipod cable connects into.
bikefreax is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2010, 12:59 AM   #2 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
Head_Unit is on a distinguished road
x-drive is the all-wheel-drive system. I believe you mean the iDrive knob controller.

It is possible the USB in the glove box is not for iPod. There was a prototype I drove which had USB in the glove box wall, but it was just going to be for updating the radio.

I would expect a USB connector, then a cable with USB at one end and the special iPod 30 pin connector on the other. I would expect that to plug either into the glove box or the console. Nothing happens with either connection? Even if you connect the iPod, shut off the car, and come back like a half hour later and start up the car?

Some pictures would help, especially of the radio, "iPod cable", and USB connections.
Head_Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 09:40 AM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
davis123 is on a distinguished road
Check with the USB connection and the i pod cable. by this you should be able to connect the i pod with x drive.
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Audio and Electronics