Installing A Sub And Amplifier: - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Audio and Electronics
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Audio and Electronics The place to go to discuss sound systems and show off your I.C.E. along with security systems and radar detectors too!

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2005, 05:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
Chakdey is an unknown quantity at this point
I have a 1994 BMW 325i and I needed your help on installing the Sub. I know the battery is in the back so that makes it easier but I have no idea how to hookup any of the wires or how to run the wire from my deck to the trunk of my car. If somebody cangive me a extrmemely detailed explantaion on how to do this all, It would be deeply appreciated. Thanks.
Chakdey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2005, 10:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
3rd Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
Kowalski is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Kowalski
Quote:
Originally posted by Chakdey@Feb 5 2005, 04:33 PM
I have a 1994 BMW 325i and I needed your help on installing the Sub. I know the battery is in the back so that makes it easier but I have no idea how to hookup any of the wires or how to run the wire from my deck to the trunk of my car. If somebody cangive me a extrmemely detailed explantaion on how to do this all, It would be deeply appreciated. Thanks.
[snapback]286518[/snapback]
well if its going to need a step by step your probably better off just taking it to a audio store and getting them to install it for like 20 bucks or less. but basicly your going to need to go buy an amp kit for your amp that comes with all the wiring and rca's and connectores, since this is a sub amp its going to be much easier to explain. so pull out your deck and there should be sub outs on it, it will be the 2 holes that the rca's plug into and it should say sub out, if you have a nice deck there should be one set of rca's for the speakers usualy 2 sets for speakers one for subs, now plug the rca's into the sub connectors and run them wherever you want so noone can see them all the way back to your amp and plug them in the correct spots. then run an accessory wire, this will tell the amp to turn on when you turn your deck on, it will run off the accessory wire off your deck, if you dont have a power antena it will be the wire with nothing connected to it, if you do have a power antena this will be that wire and just splice it and run that wire to your amp. then use the big wire and run it straight off your battery with a fuse in it too your amp. then run as short as possible ground to either the battery or somwhere else that will provide a good grounding spot. now your amp is hooked up. then if your subs arn't connected to your amp there should be a few open spots to plug wires into on the amp, those will be the spots that run to your subs and run wire from there to your subs, its a pretty self explanitory opperation and once started should play itslelf out pretty easily... good luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Audio and Electronics