BMW Werkz banner

How To Access Stock Amp

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  ADS328 
#1 ·
Whatsup. I am a newbie bimmer as I just acquired my sister's '91 318is 2 dr. I love it and I have but in all new speakers, but i get barely any volume from the stock system so I want to buy a new head unit and replace the stock amp. The only problem is that I know that the ampo is in the trunk somewhere, but I don't where exactly or how to get to it. please tell me the easiest way to get to it and any amp replacement suggestions. thanks

Basically, how do i get to the stock amp?

#5 ·
most are behind there, being a 318, some may not have one at all, and all the power comes from the headunit.

#6 ·
Originally posted by lttlwd04@Apr 19 2005, 07:31 PM
Whatsup. I am a newbie bimmer as I just acquired my sister's '91 318is 2 dr. I love it and I have but in all new speakers, but i get barely any volume from the stock system so I want to buy a new head unit and replace the stock amp. The only problem is that I know that the ampo is in the trunk somewhere, but I don't where exactly or how to get to it. please tell me the easiest way to get to it and any amp replacement suggestions. thanks

Basically, how do i get to the stock amp?
[snapback]335135[/snapback]​
as noted earlier, it's mounted behind the left trunk panel, just behind the wheelwell. it's tiny.

if you're keeping the stock head unit and only replacing the amp, get a pair of Monster Cable RX100 line-level converters from Bavarian Soundwerks They sell high-end audio gear at very reasonable prices. The line-level converters are a breeze to install -- just splice them into the factory harness -- and eliminate any noise in the system. :thumbs

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.