BMW Werkz banner

Help wiring up amp install

4K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  shelles6 
#1 ·
Need some help in wiring up an aftermarket amp to my 04 325ci factory HK system. I already have the line level convertor and amp wiring kit. What can I use for the amp signal..some say I might be able to get it off of the factory sub...any advice. A step by step instruction with wiring diagrams would be greatly appreciated.

#4 ·
If you don't plan on changing the HU, then you can grab a signal from the rear speakers and run them into the adapter. You'll still need to run a turn on lead for the amp from the ignition wire on the HU.

To run the lead from the HU, you'll need to remove the HU and tap the wire. Can't say what color the wire is though, or exactly how to remove the e46 HU. After that, you'll need to remove the trim panels under the steering wheel, kickpanel, door sills, and then under the rear seat into the trunk.

To wire the amp, you need to install an inline fuse holder (one may or may not have come with the kit. if not, radio shack has them cheap). Use a butt connector to connect one of the fuse wires to your amp wire, and connect the other wire of the fuse to the possitive side of the battery terminal. Your ground needs to make good contact with bare sheet metal. If you can find a screw, use that. otherwise, you'll need to drill a small hole and secure the wire in the hole. I suggest capping all wires with a ring connector.

#6 ·
thats what i heard u can do..but which wires do I tap into for both the remote signal and for which wires do i tap into on the rear 6x9 speakers? Also whats the easiest way to get to the rear speaker wiring.. I looked today and there is a black plastic thing covering the bottom of the speaker.

#8 ·
theoretically there is no reason why you cant get everything you need right at the factory amp. And of course if you wanted to run fatter power and ground cables then the battery is right there in the trunk. Schematics are locked up in the BMW GT1 or DIS tester so you will prob have to do it w/o a schematic unless you can get somebody at your local dealer to help you out and print you up a diagram. Good luck

#9 ·
Radio Connector

Pin Color Code Lead
1 yellow/red Left front + output
2 blue/red Right front + output
3 yellow/black Left rear + output
4 white/brown
5 violet/white 12 volt switched
6 blue/black Right rear + output
7 -
8 brown/orange Left front - output
9 red/white Battery
10 black/white 12 volt switched
11 brown/orange Right front - output
12 brown/orange Left rear - output
13 gray/red
14 brown/orange Right rear - output
15 brown Ground
16 white Remote amp turn-on
17 - -

Amp Connector 1

Pin Color Lead
1 red/white Battery
2 white Remote turn-on
3 brown Ground
4 - -
5 blue/violet -Righ rear woofer +
6 blue/gray Right rear woofer -
7 blue/white Left front woofer +
8 blue/brown Left front woofer -
9 blue/red Right front woofer +
10 blue/brown Right front woofer -
11 yellow/gray Left rear woofer +
12 yellow/black Left Rear woofer -

Amp Connector 2

Pin Color Code Circuit
1 brown/orange Right rear - (from radio)
2 blue/black Right rear + (from radio)
3 yellow/black Left rear + (from radio)
4 brown/orange Left rear - (from radio)
5 - -
6 - -
7 - -
8 blue/red Right front midrange +
9 blue/brown Right front midrange -
10 yellow Left rear tweeter +
11 brown Left rear tweeter -
12 blue Right rear tweeter +
13 brown Right rear tweeter -
14 brown/orange Right front - (from radio)
15 blue/red Right front + (from radio)
16 yellow/red Left front + (from radio)
17 brown/orange Left front - (from radio)
18 - -
19 - -
20 - -
21 yellow/red Left front midrange +
22 yellow/brown Left front midrange -
23 blue/black Right front tweeter +
24 blue/brown Right front tweeter -
25 yellow/black Left front tweeter +
26 yellow/brown Left front tweeter -
:driving :clap2

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.