Help Me Decide. - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
Audio and Electronics The place to go to discuss sound systems and show off your I.C.E. along with security systems and radar detectors too!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 02-03-2005, 07:38 PM
ex owner/admin

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious
Send a message via AIM to Furious
(Thread Starter)
cant decide on which to go with , pionner or alpine. looking for a unit that is not too expensive but also has good quality.

must be touch screen.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 02-03-2005, 09:06 PM
1st Gear Member

ganjacyde is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to ganjacyde Send a message via MSN to ganjacyde
alpine iva-d300!

search around and you can probably find it for under a grand...

<embed src="http://www.svcountryclub.com/upload/e36m42.swf" width="420" height="140" background="none" menu="false">
#3 (permalink) Old 02-03-2005, 10:26 PM
da_administrator

da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to da_bull
The Pioneer is a nice one too:

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/prod...7401213,00.html

You can probably find it for around a grand too. Both are good pieces, though. Listen to your ears when selecting, especially as much as you are looking to spend, make sure it sounds good.

-There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary, and those who do not.

-If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under...Ronald Reagan
#4 (permalink) Old 02-07-2005, 12:48 AM
ex owner/admin

Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious
Send a message via AIM to Furious
(Thread Starter)
im looking hard at that alpine avi-300,

#5 (permalink) Old 02-07-2005, 06:25 AM
1st Gear Member

Vampire 328 is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm liking the layout of that pioneer one. It looks like the setup of Armored Core with all of the sexagons?. I might have to pick one of those up in the summer when I have some cash to spend.

Would these work with my steering wheel controls and everything?

Just bought: 2000 BMW 328Ci E46... Pictures soon!

<span style='font-family:Times'>I don't care about anyone else but me...
I don't care about anyone...
God damn, I love me.</span>
#6 (permalink) Old 02-07-2005, 05:17 PM
da_administrator

da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to da_bull
The pioneer one (and I am sure others do to) have an aftermarket control that straps (for lack of a better term) to the steering wheel. I love mine. You dont have to worry about the remote falling between the seats lost forever. You know where it is at all times. They had one for the touchscreens that gives you more control than this one, but this is the one I have:

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/prod...5_35690,00.html

-There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary, and those who do not.

-If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under...Ronald Reagan
#7 (permalink) Old 02-07-2005, 09:15 PM
WOT in Reverse

jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jllphan
If I were buying an indash mobile video deck, I'd have a hard time buying anything other than the AVIC-N1. A few more bucks up front, but worth it. Has everything the IVAD300 and adds navigation, better GUI, and is what your already acclimated to.

Now's about when it would go on clearance, but it's such a good unit, Pioneer will probably carry it over for another year. Price will continue to drop. I think we have ours for $1600-1700US.

#8 (permalink) Old 05-09-2005, 12:33 PM
n00b

Papa_Bimmer is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by jllphan@Feb 7 2005, 10:15 PM
If I were buying an indash mobile video deck, I'd have a hard time buying anything other than the AVIC-N1. A few more bucks up front, but worth it. Has everything the IVAD300 and adds navigation, better GUI, and is what your already acclimated to.

Now's about when it would go on clearance, but it's such a good unit, Pioneer will probably carry it over for another year. Price will continue to drop. I think we have ours for $1600-1700US.
[snapback]287667[/snapback]

I've looked online at this model and all say it doesn't fit in the BMW 528i (E39). Is there a way to make it fit or something?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Audio and Electronics