Help Help - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Audio and Electronics
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Audio and Electronics The place to go to discuss sound systems and show off your I.C.E. along with security systems and radar detectors too!

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2005, 11:08 AM   #1 (permalink)
2nd Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
Old_School_Bimmer is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Old_School_Bimmer
I hooked up all the speakers to one amp and the subs to another amp all the ground wires are connected as well the the positive wires the only thing thats left is the rem thast located on both amps and i am not sure what this means and what to connect to it. plz help :!: also if this wire isn't connected should the subs and speakers still be working? cuz i am not getting any sound.

Thx. Theo
Old_School_Bimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2005, 02:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
da_administrator

Car: Its slow, gotta M20 in it
Photos:
da_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to da_bull
Quote:
Originally posted by Old_School_Bimmer@Mar 27 2005, 11:08 AM
I hooked up all the speakers to one amp and the subs to another amp all the ground wires are connected as well the the positive wires the only thing thats left is the rem thast located on both amps and i am not sure what this means and what to connect to it. plz help :!: also if this wire isn't connected should the subs and speakers still be working? cuz i am not getting any sound.

Thx. Theo
[snapback]319362[/snapback]
They shouldnt be working at all. The REM connection on both of your amps is short for "Remote". "Remote" is what tells your amps to start drawing current from your battery connections. If you have an aftermarket radio, there will be a blue/white wire that needs to go to both REM connections on your amps to make them turn on. If you have a factory radio (I hope not), you will have to hook those REM connections to something that has 12v power when the key is turned on (Radio fuse etc.)

-There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary, and those who do not.

-If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under...Ronald Reagan
da_bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005, 09:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
2nd Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
i solved that problem thx alot fo rthe help but now i have engine noise interfereing with my tweeeters is there a way to get rid of this annoying problem?
Old 03-27-2005, 09:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
da_administrator

Photos:
da_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond repute
The engine noise can be caused by a number of things. Try moving the ground from where its at to someplace else. You can move the RCA cables away from the power leads. You can move the RCAs to the other side of the vehicle. There are about a hundred things you can try, I wish there was a "one thing does it all" fix for motor noise but there isnt.

-There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary, and those who do not.

-If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under...Ronald Reagan
Old 03-27-2005, 09:19 PM   #5 (permalink)
2nd Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
this sound is extremely loud all i want to do is reduce it to be less noticeable at least. so what would u recommend i do in order to try to reduce this noise?

Thx for ur help i am new to doing audio

Theo
Old 03-27-2005, 09:34 PM   #6 (permalink)
da_administrator

Photos:
If its REALLY loud, you may have a component problem. First thing I would try is turning the gains down on the amplifier, as "more gain" is not necessarily better. It actaully is supposed to match the output of your radio to the amplifiers input. I would also check your grounds, even at the battery, make sure they are grounded at the same spot, as short as possible. Then try re-routing your rca cables. You may even try running on over the tops of the seats or outside the car on the ground temporarily to see if the noise goes away. If so, your interference is coming from the path you ran your RCAs down and they need moved...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Audio and Electronics