BMW Werkz banner

Head Unit Has Power , But No Sound!

4K views 17 replies 6 participants last post by  bitchincamaro 
#1 ·
I just installed a Alpine 9831 into my bmw 325i and it powers up perfect, but puts out no sound at all!

I have the wiring harness and antenna adapter installed, everything seems to be hooked up fine.

I'm confused. Anyone have any clue of what I'm doing wrong?

The only unused wire on the harness is the light blue one... :wrench

#3 ·
What does the amp lead look like? The only other wires not hooked up coming from the Alpine harness are a light blue and blue with black stripe. I think those are speaker wires. Also, one pink wire. The pink wire, eh?

#4 ·
You kids don't read manuals do you :p :joking:

The harness crutchfield gave you should have a lead labeled "amp turn on" or something to that effect. that wire should be connected to both the power antenae wire and the amp turn on/remote wire on the Alpine harness. You just need to make sure that those two wires ultimately are linked to the amp turn on lead in the BMW harness (#16 on the below diagram {top left})....

Attachments

#6 ·
Haha! Thanks a lot man. It's all working wonderfully now. Now I just have to learn all the features! lol ...

#8 ·
haha!! this tread gave me a good laugh.

Yes you need to turn on the amp to get sound. Much sarcasim intended

#9 ·
I just got an Alpine 9835, and when i wired it up, i had sound for the tuner function, but not for cd or my ipod input....would this be the same problem? I wouldn't think so because i had sound for the radio.

I sent the thing back to the guy i bought it from and am getting another... was it really ok? I messed around with that thing forever.

#13 ·
Originally posted by jllphan@Jan 9 2005, 11:03 PM
Because you were using the power antenna lead, not the remote lead for the factory amp. Two different voltage outputs. Oh well, when you get it back, just twist the remote wire and the antenna lead from the deck's harness and you'll be all set
[snapback]267858[/snapback]​

damn i feel like an ass. I always think i know everything, being a DIY guy. oh well! ha! You are the reason these forums are so great. Thanks man.

#14 ·
lol, you guys are a trip, lol I'll have to concure with you YoungExec728 :lmao2

#16 ·
Originally posted by bitchincamaro+Jan 10 2005, 11:20 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bitchincamaro @ Jan 10 2005, 11:20 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Rooz@Jan 10 2005, 09:28 PM
lol, you guys are a trip, lol I'll have to concure with you Bimmer_boy :lmao2
[snapback]268591[/snapback]​
WTF are you talking about?
[snapback]268640[/snapback]​
[/b][/quote]

Lol, Meant to say YoungExec728 instead of Bimmer_Boy

#17 ·
Originally posted by bitchincamaro@Jan 10 2005, 09:14 PM
damn i feel like an ass. I always think i know everything, being a DIY guy. oh well! ha! You are the reason these forums are so great. Thanks man.
[snapback]268574[/snapback]​
No worries, wish I could have helped before you sent back the deck. PM me next time you have any questions as I don't have as much time to check this area as I once did.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.