BMW Werkz banner

Has Anyone Heard Of These Brands?

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  spfdfanatic 
#1 ·
i just emailed a pretty cool guy about a speaker system but has anyone heard of POWERBASS or DLS because thats what he sells.. if anyone has heard of these brands please give me some feedback

#4 ·
Tanks :thumbs

Honestly, that looks like a bunch of hoey! I couldn't tell whether or not those where 5x7 or 6x9's in the lower pic, but neither go in a Bimmer.

I would check out crutchfield.com, they offer good products at reasonable prices

If you are wanting to start off by replacing your speakers, I would recomend the Infinity Reference or PolkAudio db line

Keep in mind you won't hear a tremendous difference until you replace your headunit. There, I would recomend: Alpine, Kenwood, or my favorite in Nakamichi.

#5 ·
Originally posted by jllphan@Dec 11 2004, 05:59 PM
Tanks :thumbs

Honestly, that looks like a bunch of hoey! I couldn't tell whether or not those where 5x7 or 6x9's in the lower pic, but neither go in a Bimmer.

I would check out crutchfield.com, they offer good products at reasonable prices

If you are wanting to start off by replacing your speakers, I would recomend the Infinity Reference or PolkAudio db line

Keep in mind you won't hear a tremendous difference until you replace your headunit. There, I would recomend: Alpine, Kenwood, or my favorite in Nakamichi.
[snapback]248155[/snapback]​

yeah but the thing that caught my attention within that set from bavarian soundwerks was that they were all mb quarts

#6 ·
Your so right, my bad.

They are the Discus line though, I would prefer my recomendations at that level and price

If you really want those though, PM me, we carried the Discus line for a while, I may still have some layin around for less than you'll find online.

#7 ·
Originally posted by jllphan@Dec 11 2004, 03:37 AM
If you haven't heard of it, don't buy it

It takes a long time for an audio company to develop a good rep, stick to the ones who have

Your asking for problems with off brand audio products
[snapback]247723[/snapback]​
There are those who know about car audio electronics and those who don't.
DLS are EXTREMELY high end speakers. The range of their speakers go from simple aftermarket to European champion class. SO don't hesitate to listen and to compare...

http://www.dls.se/

#8 ·
Originally posted by Golden Boy+Dec 24 2004, 05:59 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Golden Boy @ Dec 24 2004, 05:59 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-jllphan@Dec 11 2004, 03:37 AM
If you haven't heard of it, don't buy it

It takes a long time for an audio company to develop a good rep, stick to the ones who have

Your asking for problems with off brand audio products
[snapback]247723[/snapback]​
There are those who know about car audio electronics and those who don't.
DLS are EXTREMELY high end speakers. The range of their speakers go from simple aftermarket to European champion class. SO don't hesitate to listen and to compare...

http://www.dls.se/
[snapback]257592[/snapback]​
[/b][/quote]

And powerbass are not bad either. Some people like the name brands because of the name, there are better speakers out there that people have probably never heard of. Some of the best i have ever heard are Diamond Audio, DAMN GOOD Speakers!!! Do not be afriad of powerbass, will do what you might want to do nicely unless you are planning on entering competitions, if that is the case, get the hell out of a bmw because they are not made for HUGE stereos!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.