get cds player out - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Audio and Electronics
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Audio and Electronics The place to go to discuss sound systems and show off your I.C.E. along with security systems and radar detectors too!

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2004, 12:23 AM   #1 (permalink)
350z

Car: 03 Nissan 350z Track
Photos:
bigred318 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to bigred318 Send a message via Yahoo to bigred318
hey guys im getting ready to instal my amp and subs in my car but i need to know how to get my cd player out of my dash... so yeah how does it come out? haha and when i run my RCAS back to my amp in the trunk what would you guys recommened, can i run them from my cd player towards my glove box then under the carpet, then into the trunk to the amp? or can i not go through the glove box? But yeah i need to get the cd player out! Also what guage power wire do i need for my amp? 4 8 10? what its a 600Watt amp! Thanks guys!

David
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2004, 12:47 AM   #2 (permalink)
Defector

Car:
Photos:
El Presidente is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to El Presidente
Since the battery is in the trunk you'll be fine with 10. If you wanted you could go for 8. Since the battery isnt up front theres no need for 4.

It would also be easiest to run the RCAs under the drivers dash then under the kick panel and door sills.

Do you have a the factory HU or a CD player? The factory is removed with a special screw head that would be easiest to go to the dealer and ask to borrow. Otherwise you'll need an extensive tool set and hope you have the right head. If its aftermarket, just take off the faceplate and undo the retaining clips.
El Presidente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 01:12 AM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
Calcartman is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Calcartman Send a message via MSN to Calcartman
Removing the stock deck requires a 5/64 hex key (thats what i used removing mine) so rather than buy a bmw one see if you have one or can get one cheaply.
and like he said; the battery is going to be only a few feet from the amp. If you mount the amp on the opposite side of the trunk go with 8; but you can go with 10 if you keep it close.
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Audio and Electronics