BMW Werkz banner

Fully functioning e32 sound system BUT

5K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  JayKayNZ 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

I posted a few months back about installing a new headunit using the original sound system in my '87 735i. It all works fine now, and it actually sounds pretty good, given that the largest speakers are only 5 1/2 inches. It was obviously top of the range technology when it came out.

HOWEVER :mad: I'm getting engine frequency noise coming through the passenger side speakers, front and rear :mad: Its a mixture of a "bzzzzzzz" and a high pitch tone that goes up or down depending on the current engine revolutions.

Anyone have ideas as what to do? Da Bull I hope you get paid for your work
on here! :p

Also, all functions to do with my drivers seat memory settings are currently not working (eg both power mirrors and all movements in the drivers seat) so an intelligent guess leads me to presume a fuse or relay or something-or-rather needs replacing. Has anyone had the same problem and managed to solve it?

#2 ·
JayKayNZ said:
Hi all,

I posted a few months back about installing a new headunit using the original sound system in my '87 735i. It all works fine now, and it actually sounds pretty good, given that the largest speakers are only 5 1/2 inches. It was obviously top of the range technology when it came out.

HOWEVER :mad: I'm getting engine frequency noise coming through the passenger side speakers, front and rear :mad: Its a mixture of a "bzzzzzzz" and a high pitch tone that goes up or down depending on the current engine revolutions.

Anyone have ideas as what to do? Da Bull I hope you get paid for your work
on here! :p

Also, all functions to do with my drivers seat memory settings are currently not working (eg both power mirrors and all movements in the drivers seat) so an intelligent guess leads me to presume a fuse or relay or something-or-rather needs replacing. Has anyone had the same problem and managed to solve it?
The noise typically comes from a faulty ground. Where that ground is may or may not be behind the headunit. You may have a bad ground on your fuel pump (just as an example), or any other motor driven device that happens to be in your car. It could be in the radio itself generating its own noise. It could be a bad ground at the radio hookups. There is hundreds of places to find noise. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but noice is the most difficult item to deal with in car audio, because there is too many varibles.

With your help, I will put in a request to get paid for answering questions. I'm thinking $82K per year will be a good starting pay and I want a new 5 series, and an M3 to drive on the weekends.

More than likely its a fuse on your seat issue. There are too many componets that arent working for ALL of them to bad at once.

hope that helps...

#3 ·
Dang, its not a fuse. I spent some time going through and checking all of them (the ones under the passenger seat) in the hope that one might be broken and that it might be drivers seat fuse.

But it wasnt :mad:

So if anyone has had similar probs with the drivers seat and power windows not working, I'd appreciate your insight. It must be something to do with the memory function, as all functions related to the memory settings are inactive.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.