Fitting Parrot System to E39 540i - advice. - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
Audio and Electronics The place to go to discuss sound systems and show off your I.C.E. along with security systems and radar detectors too!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 07-25-2012, 09:07 AM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wullyscully is on a distinguished road
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Wullyscully
(Thread Starter)
Fitting Parrot System to E39 540i - advice.

I have a 2000 540i and need to fit a combination system which can handle my iPod and cellphone simultaneously. I've been doing some research and it looks as if the Parrot Mki9200 is the kit for the job. The iPod will connect through a hardline and the phone through bluetooth, nearly all of the reviews I have read are very positive. Everything I've read points towards this being a very simple install provided I can get my hands on an adaptor lead which makes the parrot a virtual plug and play install. Otherwise I'll be splicing and as my electronic skills are definitley sub-par this is an approach I'd rather avoid. I've been searching the web, ebay, amazon etc for such a lead but have thus far drawn a blank. I'm living in Bahrain and with no local suppliers I'm in need of pointers.
First question - Has anyone fitted this or a similar system to the e39 and how well does it work?
Second - How did the install go?
THird - Does anyone know where I can get my hands on the adaptor lead I keep hearing so much about or does anyone have a part / model number for it?

Any and all help will be greatly appreaciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Audio and Electronics