Finally got my aftermarket HU- Problem - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Audio and Electronics
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Audio and Electronics The place to go to discuss sound systems and show off your I.C.E. along with security systems and radar detectors too!

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2004, 03:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
1st Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
MrChance is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to MrChance Send a message via AIM to MrChance Send a message via MSN to MrChance
I have a little problem-

I installed the head unit following the directions completely, and used secure crimp connections on all the wires.

All wires were connected except for the brown "cell" wire (I don't have a cell kit) and the yellow "bus link" wire, which I am gussing is for external accessories. The red power, yellow memory, and black ground wires are through the factory harness.

Everything works on the HU except the CD player dosen't have sound output. The CD loads, no errors come up, and the counter for the tracks start counting, but there is no sound output- no hiss, beeps, music, nothing.

The tuner and display works fine- everything lights up, the tuner plays music from radio stations. The only thing that dosen't work is the CD player- and its not really like it dosen't work, its that its working but there is no sound output.

Any ideas from anybody? I am not a car audio expert, but I like to think I can hook up a head unit with a factory wiring harness. Maybe that buss link wire should be connected to something?

Member of the "My last BMW had 462k miles on it and still ran like a monster so I bought another one" club.
MrChance is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2004, 03:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
Defector

Car:
Photos:
El Presidente is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to El Presidente
http://www.bmw-forums.com/forum/index.php?...277&hl=no+sound
El Presidente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 04:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
1st Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
MrChance is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to MrChance Send a message via AIM to MrChance Send a message via MSN to MrChance
Man, I'm just a tard when it comes to the search function. I can't ever seem to find shit

Thanks for the link, it works perfect now.

Member of the &quot;My last BMW had 462k miles on it and still ran like a monster so I bought another one&quot; club.
MrChance is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Audio and Electronics