E46 Aftermarket Stereo Options - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Audio and Electronics
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Audio and Electronics The place to go to discuss sound systems and show off your I.C.E. along with security systems and radar detectors too!

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2005, 10:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
emperorjordan is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey guys, this looks like a great forum!

I am thinking about buying a used 2002 330Ci and before I buy it, I want to know what my options are as far as aftermarket audio. My parents have both owned many bimmers, but we have never modded any of them. I know the newer BMWs do not have a standard size head unit (or anything that even resembles standard size ghead: )

I NEVER listen to rap, I listen to mostly classic rock (zeppelin, sabbath, hendrix, zz top) but I also listen to some modern hard rock like Disturbed and Godsmack, and I want a system with a lot of bass (but, tight, puchy bass, not the boomy ricer bass). So I was wondering what stuff is out there that will work with the 330Ci, as far as a reciever, speakers, amps and subs. I think I would get a reciever, and subs first, and then replace the speakers and get an amp when I get some more money.

And as far as installation, I REALLY don't want to have to get anything custom fit.

Thanks! :
emperorjordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2005, 08:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
Seth_Alderson is an unknown quantity at this point
ok well i will throw in my two cents here, im not sure on sizes yet, im looking at a 325ci and wanting to know the same thing. but the head unit looks like with a dash kit it would fit any normal sized single din player. as far as mid range and high speakers i would go with a diamond audio set... i own two m6 component sets and they will scream! for your bass i would go by an old rule i heard.... 10" subs for rock, 15"s for rap and 12"s for just about everything.... for me i listen to everything under the sun. i have two 12"s and i love them... some older infinity kappas... if you want some good sounding ones i would suggest infinity or even diamond. they would be my top picks... good luck to you! oh and im not 100% if the stereo is like a bose set up but if it is everything will need to be pulled... bose makes everything work as one... if you pull one everything must go....
Seth_Alderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Audio and Electronics