CD Install, Quick Questions - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
Audio and Electronics The place to go to discuss sound systems and show off your I.C.E. along with security systems and radar detectors too!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 04-02-2009, 11:01 AM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
brinkstar is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
CD Install, Quick Questions

Hey,

So i have a 1998 BMW 3 Series 328i. (i absolutely love it!)

now first please be away i did spend 2 hours last night searching this forum for my answer and im still empty handed so any help will due!

Problems;

1. I want to put my brand new pioneer deck into the car, i h ave the old one out, easiest deck removal in my life to be honest, and im ready to put the new one in, heres my issue. i know i can get a wiring harness to just clip into the old one, so that i dont have to take the factory one off; this is what i found

BMW 3 Series 7 Series 19922001
M Coupe 19982000M3 Coupe 1998
Z3 19972002
Amplifier Integration Harness

or

BMW 1990-Up - Into Car (Click on part for more details)
Product Specifications
* -For non-amplified vehicles only. Amplified models use 70-8591 instead
* -Plugs into car harness at radio
* -Power and 4-Speaker
* -17-pin plug
Allows installation of an aftermarket radio using the existing factory wiring and connectors. No cutting of factory wiring is needed.

i already bought the first one (lets hope it was the right one lol) but if im wrong let me know ill buy the 2nd, only 1$ on ebay lol.

and now my 2nd question,
My car has stickers all over the window, and they say, This car is protected by a security system, Is it really? and if so, how do i set it off, i would like to know because the factory deck has a red blinking light, which i would amuse is some type of security feature, but i dont want to lose it if i swap the deck out.

Also, i plan on taking pictures of this install because after searching the site, i haven't found much at all for this specific car, so ill try to help out anyone in the future who wants to do this, ill take as many pics as passable. so look out for that

thanks in advance for all the help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 04-02-2009, 10:39 PM
da_administrator

da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to da_bull
More than likely your 328 has the basic radio, and you have the correct harness. When you pull your radio out, you'll find out really quick. Its a pretty basic install.

The alarm isnt in the radio. Leave your windows down, arm the alarm (either by key fob or locking the drivers door with the key. Wait for about a minute, manually pull up the lock and open the door (simulates breaking into the vehicle without breaking a window). Your horn should honk and parking lights (maybe headlights too I cant remember). To disarm, close the door, manually lock and then unlock the drivers door, or use the key fob if you have it.

If you take some pictures I can create a thread and set them in there and make it a sticky thread.

Holler if you need any help...
Bill

to werkz BTW

-There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary, and those who do not.

-If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under...Ronald Reagan
#3 (permalink) Old 04-03-2009, 03:06 PM
n00b

brinkstar is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
thanks for the responce, ill get some pictures taken as soon as i get the harness from ebay, like i said, i already took the deck out and it does look like an amazingly easy install. im just going to wire the harness to the plug i got with the new deck than i should be able to just plug the harness into the one in the car already, does this sound correct?
#4 (permalink) Old 04-03-2009, 09:30 PM
da_administrator

da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to da_bull
Yup, that's what makes those harnesses so great. For 20 bucks (or whatever they sell for now), best money spent on an audio system.

-There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary, and those who do not.

-If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under...Ronald Reagan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Audio and Electronics