BMW Werkz banner

CD Changer Wires

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  am4tide 
#1 ·
I am looking for the pre-installed wires for the CD Changer. Actually, I found the power connector, but cannot find the round connector (controls, etc.). Does anyone know where this is stowed during assembly so I can find it?

Also, while looking around for it, I found an electronics box mounted against the driver's quarter panel right over the wheel well (more or less). I couldn't tell what this was. Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks,
Mike

Oops! I guess I forgot some details. It's a 1995 318is. There is a button in the trunk that says it's prewired for the CD Changer and for a Security System.

#2 ·
wrong forum times 2,, first of all your car is e36, second of all this belongs in the audio forum...

im not sure about the 318 , but my 325 was prewired, i found the cd plug hidden behind the carpet of the drivers wall, you may or maynot have the prewire but give it a shot...

#4 ·
Originally posted by El Presidente@Jul 20 2004, 11:32 AM
your question was answered in your other thread on this.
I read the other thread, and had the same question as this poster. But I was unclear as to where the CD changer power plugs were located. Is the location common, or do you have to just rip out all of the panels and look until you find them?

For point of reference, I also have a 1995 318i sedan with the pre-wired CD plug in the trunk...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.