CD Changer Model Number? - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Audio and Electronics
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Audio and Electronics The place to go to discuss sound systems and show off your I.C.E. along with security systems and radar detectors too!

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2004, 04:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
Rainman is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi - I am new to the Forum, great place!

I just bought a 1996 328ic Convertible and would like to add a trunk mounted CD Changer. I would like one that can be operated by the existing in dash radio controls. I have located the factory prewired cd changer control cable in my trunk.

I have found three places that sell the "Genuine BMW/Alpine CD Changer", but they all have different part numbers. They are; Bavarian Auto - # 82 11 1 469 404, Pacific BMW - # 82 11 0 026 418 and Ultimate BMW Parts - # 82 11 0 028 760. Does anyone know what the correct part number for my 328 is? Thank you!
Rainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2004, 03:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
Neutral Member

Car:
Photos:
igotthepowers is an unknown quantity at this point
probably more helpful if you located the part no. and model no. of your head unit. lots of changes happened in 96, that would be the best way to know which side of the changes you were on! shouldn't matter, there are changers for both. i'm beating up a lot of these issues now, will be glad to help if i can.
igotthepowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 03:31 PM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
Rainman is an unknown quantity at this point
igot - Thanks for the heads up. From what I have found out the changer model change happened between the 95 and 96 model years. 96 to 02 have the "I-Bus" communication link, 95 and older are non "I-Bus" changers.

I was also told that part # 82 11 0 028 760 is the current part number, and superceeds the other two. But all three part numbers will work in my 96, with my HU and "I-Bus" communication. Since I am not changing head unit it is a little simpler for me.

I just bought a used CD changer from a guy who took it out of his 98 325. It should work........ Reed.
Rainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Audio and Electronics