Can you add a DSP unit to a non dsp 2003 530i - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Audio and Electronics
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Audio and Electronics The place to go to discuss sound systems and show off your I.C.E. along with security systems and radar detectors too!

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2003, 09:18 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
nealh is an unknown quantity at this point
I am trying to determine the best way to upgrade..I need more bass to basic setup(overall good) can I add a DSP unit now from the dealership..anyone know??

the service dept seem a bit unknowledgable on the sound system on the car...do all Head unit with DSP have a button next to the audio button that is labeled DSP...so the head unit would need to be upgraded as well...if so I would guess this would get to expensive...
nealh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2003, 09:20 AM   #2 (permalink)
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

Car: 2000 M5
Photos:
lwebb12 has a reputation beyond reputelwebb12 has a reputation beyond reputelwebb12 has a reputation beyond reputelwebb12 has a reputation beyond reputelwebb12 has a reputation beyond reputelwebb12 has a reputation beyond reputelwebb12 has a reputation beyond reputelwebb12 has a reputation beyond reputelwebb12 has a reputation beyond reputelwebb12 has a reputation beyond reputelwebb12 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to lwebb12 Send a message via Yahoo to lwebb12
yes there has been a lot of research done on that.

go here http://www.bmwtips.com/tipsntricks/
JL Audio 13W7 in W7 pro wedge box powered by JL Audio 1000/1 slash series amp. JL Audio RBC. V1 hardwired.
Euro First Aid Kit, warning triangle, and fire extinguisher. Euro Storage bin Mod. UUC Stage III lightweight flywheel/clutch.
lwebb12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2003, 10:33 AM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
nealh is an unknown quantity at this point
I have looked at the site very carefully..nice link...saw it last night problem is alot the info is for older models not 2003....

alot good info on stuff but I wonder if you can add some of the premium setup afterwards..I would guess(very poor on my audio knowledge) that the bass speakers are ok not great and if I could just add a subwoofer and dsp module I would be happy but if the head unit needs to be changed too then the price would be off the wall I am sure for a partial upgrade....

I am not a huge audiophile but my last car an 1996 A4 quattro had ther upgrade stereo from BOSE( I realize many audiophiles are not impressed with BOSE) and I loved the sound quality..granted the car was smaller and acoustics are different but the base sound system seems a bit weak...I am sorry to say BMW sales people were not very knowledgable on details ... but I was told there was a subwoofer on the base system...
nealh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2003, 10:38 AM   #4 (permalink)
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

Car: 2000 M5
Photos:
lwebb12 has a reputation beyond reputelwebb12 has a reputation beyond reputelwebb12 has a reputation beyond reputelwebb12 has a reputation beyond reputelwebb12 has a reputation beyond reputelwebb12 has a reputation beyond reputelwebb12 has a reputation beyond reputelwebb12 has a reputation beyond reputelwebb12 has a reputation beyond reputelwebb12 has a reputation beyond reputelwebb12 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to lwebb12 Send a message via Yahoo to lwebb12
well same should apply for all E39's not exactly positive. im sure you can contact some of those folks for better info
JL Audio 13W7 in W7 pro wedge box powered by JL Audio 1000/1 slash series amp. JL Audio RBC. V1 hardwired.
Euro First Aid Kit, warning triangle, and fire extinguisher. Euro Storage bin Mod. UUC Stage III lightweight flywheel/clutch.
lwebb12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Audio and Electronics