Buzzing Sound With Blitzsafe Adapter - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Audio and Electronics
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Audio and Electronics The place to go to discuss sound systems and show off your I.C.E. along with security systems and radar detectors too!

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2004, 09:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
muah is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi folks,

I have a 2001 330xi with the upgraded Harman-Kardon system and in-dash CD player (no CD changer).

I installed a Blitzsafe auxiliary input adapter in the car by attaching it to the CD-changer hookup in the left side of the trunk. I have run connectors up to the front of the car so I can hook up both an XM satellite receiver (Delphi SkyFi) and an MP3 player (Rio Karma).

Both work great and I can play the music through the stereo just fine, but there is a buzzing sound in the background that I can hear if the volume is up high or if there is a quiet spot in the music. I know it is not the stereo itself, because the buzzing goes away when I disconnect the Blitzsafe adapter. It is not the specific Blitzsafe adapter either, because I just switched from an older original Blitzsafe auxiliary adapter to a different new Blitzsafe adapter that allows you to hook up and power the Terk XM Commander. The noise DOES NOT vary with engine RPM.

Has anyone else had this problem? What can I do to make the sound cleaner?
muah is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2004, 01:08 AM   #2 (permalink)
WOT in Reverse

Car:
Photos:
jllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jllphan
If it doesn't alternate with RPM, it may not be a ground issue. It could just be the operating freq. of the adaptor is creating a harmonic that is amplified and sent to your speakers. Not sure how to fix that.

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Audio and Electronics