Is The Business Cd Ipod Capable??? - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
Audio and Electronics The place to go to discuss sound systems and show off your I.C.E. along with security systems and radar detectors too!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 09-24-2008, 12:09 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The Xecutionr is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
Is The Business Cd Ipod Capable???

ok i got an 04 330 with the business cd but i recently took it out to put in a flip out tv... the tv and everything is cool but unless its a long trip i dont use it that often so i was thinkin about goin back to the clean stock look. ive heard about people intergrating thier ipod to work with thier stock radio and even wit the controls on the steering wheel. does anyone know if this is possible for me and how
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 09-24-2008, 12:36 PM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
ok after calling bmw there is the ipod intergration cable that i can buy for 215 and they want 130 for an hour labor to put it in but really how hard is it to connect this cable
#3 (permalink) Old 09-24-2008, 03:30 PM
da_administrator

da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to da_bull
It depends on where it plugs into. If its just to the back of the radio, I would just do it myself and also contact BSW or some online source for the cable, that sounds high to me. I'd do a little more digging and I would go with a Belkin iPod FM modulator (~50 bucks) before spending that much on one cable

-There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary, and those who do not.

-If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under...Ronald Reagan
#4 (permalink) Old 09-24-2008, 05:32 PM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
I already had that..... looking for something cleaner... hey do u know if the newer nav systems with dvd capability work in the e46
#5 (permalink) Old 09-24-2008, 10:19 PM
da_administrator

da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute
There are plenty of aftermarket and factory type solutions. I am kind of partial to the Pioneer AVIC-N2 (or N3 for the newer model). Its full featured and reasonable priced all in one DVD/CD/NAV/mp3/AM/FM/SAT ready/Changer controller/iPod controller/etc./etc./etc.

-There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary, and those who do not.

-If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under...Ronald Reagan
#6 (permalink) Old 10-24-2008, 10:27 PM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
aight so i finally got the dice ipod integration system for the business cd...and it works just the way it should.. flawless sound, able to be controled from the radio and the steering wheel. and mostly easy to use after you run through some trial and error things and get familiar with it... the only thing that was a pain in the ass about the kit ... well let me take a step back there are 2 models to the kit.. the one that most people are familiar with that attaches in the trunck where the cd changer would go and then theres the one that gets attached directly to the back of the radio. they say the one on the trunk possible gets engine noise plus its a pain int he ass to have to open the trunk to get my ipod so i got the one for the back of the radio... the hardest part of the install was taking out the climate control.. well not that part but taking out the plastic frame behind that to get the harness to fit because you basicaly have to tuck the bulk of the harness behind the climte control because theres no space behind the radio... but after a half hour install and about 45 min just playin with it gettin familiar with the controls its as easy as hooking the ipod up to the cord which is meant to be ran to the glove box or anywhere in the vicinity of the front console you wanna put it
#7 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 03:43 PM
da_administrator

sounds good. the steering controls would definitely be a plus. enjoy...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Audio and Electronics