Bmw Alarm Vs. Viper Alarm - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
Audio and Electronics The place to go to discuss sound systems and show off your I.C.E. along with security systems and radar detectors too!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 03-16-2005, 08:10 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
dugies25 is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
i just bought a 2003, 330ci...the dealer said there was an alarm, turns out there is not alarm. the dealer is going to install free of charge and has asked if i want the bmw alarm or a viper alarm? i don't know much about either one. my car is prewired for the bmw alarm. i would like it to be controlled via my bmw key and not another key fob. any suggestions, comments, or input?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 03-16-2005, 09:57 PM
da_administrator

da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to da_bull
Quote:
Originally posted by dugies25@Mar 16 2005, 08:10 PM
i just bought a 2003, 330ci...the dealer said there was an alarm, turns out there is not alarm.* the dealer is going to install free of charge and has asked if i want the bmw alarm or a viper alarm?* i don't know much about either one.* my car is prewired for the bmw alarm.* i would like it to be controlled via my bmw key and not another key fob.* any suggestions, comments, or input?
[snapback]313109[/snapback]
Welcome to the forums

The Viper alarm will have more range and features but if you want your key to work like it was meant to go with the factory. I personally like aftermarket just because you only have to pay 40-50 for a fob instead of 50-100 the first time you drop your keys in a puddle of water.

-There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary, and those who do not.

-If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under...Ronald Reagan
#3 (permalink) Old 03-17-2005, 02:08 PM
5th Gear Member

Rooz is an unknown quantity at this point
Depends on which alarm from viper they put too

VIEW MOD LIST & PICS
I am worth $2,010,238 on HumanForSale.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg
Umnitza now provides a mechanic to install all parts ordered right in the box! It's their new "Total customer service program" that will eliminate all the haters and keep incompetents from breaking shit and blaming the vendor! When you are all set simply call INS and they will pick him up free of charge.
#4 (permalink) Old 03-17-2005, 09:47 PM
da_administrator

da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to da_bull
Thats true Viper make some cheap alarms now. Ask them what they are going to install and call around for retail pricing. You can also ask about different features available. You will probably be pleased with the aftermarket.

-There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary, and those who do not.

-If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under...Ronald Reagan
#5 (permalink) Old 03-18-2005, 11:15 PM
Power Shifting

Cruzin 323is is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Cruzin 323is
aftermarket all the way!! having a stock alarm sux, IMO, it has no sensors.. the only way the alarm goes off, is it u break the window, and unlock the doors from the outside!!

atleast with an AM, u can set the sensitivity level!

-SOLD..
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2229108/1 *UPDATED 8.25.06*
R.I.P Fast 6

stuff for sale on my e36.. CHeck it out!
http://www.bimmerwerkz.com/forum/aft...e36-49128.html
#6 (permalink) Old 03-23-2005, 09:20 PM
n00b

Vegas_330i is an unknown quantity at this point
My 2002 330i came pre wired for a BMW alarm. I had the BMW system installed. The features that it came with are:

motion sensor inside (if you leave your window down and someone puts their arm in)

tilt sensor (if someone tries to tow the car)

if someone opens the doors from the inside (through open window)

ignition kill unless the BMW key is used

it also senses if someone is trying to short the system out.

can use the key fob to open and close windows (instead of having to put the key in the door).

Seems like a good alarm to me. Good luck with your choice.
#7 (permalink) Old 03-24-2005, 12:17 PM
ex owner/admin

Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious
Send a message via AIM to Furious
to be on the safe side ask what features are on both systems that you have the option to. than decide which one has the better features for you, if you want post what both do and we can decide for you

#8 (permalink) Old 03-24-2005, 12:59 PM
n00b

Davey8ter is an unknown quantity at this point
Before I install anything aftermarket It may pay you to find out if this voids any BMW Warranties....Sometimes it will and if there is an electrical problem later then they can say it is not under warranty...
#9 (permalink) Old 03-24-2005, 03:48 PM
n00b

dugies25 is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Thanks for all the input...I have decided to stick with the BMW alarm. I don't want to void any warrenties, and the features that it has are enough for me. Plus I like the idea of being able to control it all by me key, instead of another fob. I am also a little suspicious of the quality of the viper alarm that the dealer would have picked for me. This way i know exactly what i am getting and i am happy with it...thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Audio and Electronics