Bmw Alarm System - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
Audio and Electronics The place to go to discuss sound systems and show off your I.C.E. along with security systems and radar detectors too!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 03-16-2005, 03:09 PM
Neutral Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
bitchincamaro is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
My car is pre-wired for BMW alarm system...

I have a keyless entry system, not sure if its BMW or not, but I want to get the alarm...

Whats involved in an install if you are "pre-wired" and can i do it myself?

Anyone have any experience with this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 03-16-2005, 05:59 PM
da_administrator

da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to da_bull
Quote:
Originally posted by bitchincamaro@Mar 16 2005, 02:09 PM

I have a keyless entry system, not sure if its BMW or not, but I want to get the alarm...

Whats involved in an install if you are "pre-wired" and can i do it myself?

[snapback]312841[/snapback]
can you post a picture of your transmitter? My car also has the prewired sticker and actually had the full alarm system, even though it didnt honk or anything when you locked the doors. A way to check it is to leave the drivers window down, lock the doors with your transmitter, wait about a minute and reach into the window and manually unlock the door and open from the outside. Your horn should honk and/or alarm should sound, and the lights should flash. If you are talking about the one thats in your ride (M3), more than likely it has an alarm in it already.

-There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary, and those who do not.

-If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under...Ronald Reagan
#3 (permalink) Old 03-16-2005, 08:16 PM
Neutral Member

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally posted by da_bull+Mar 16 2005, 04:59 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(da_bull @ Mar 16 2005, 04:59 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-bitchincamaro@Mar 16 2005, 02:09 PM

Whats involved in an install if you are* "pre-wired" and can i do it myself?*

[snapback]312841[/snapback]
can you post a picture of your transmitter? My car also has the prewired sticker and actually had the full alarm system, even though it didnt honk or anything when you locked the doors. A way to check it is to leave the drivers window down, lock the doors with your transmitter, wait about a minute and reach into the window and manually unlock the door and open from the outside. Your horn should honk and/or alarm should sound, and the lights should flash. If you are talking about the one thats in your ride (M3), more than likely it has an alarm in it already.
[snapback]312954[/snapback]
[/b][/quote]

Well, that didn't set anything off.

I don't have any way to post a pic right now, but I will describe it. My keychain remote is rectangular, with two rectangular grey buttons at the top. One says option which doesn't do anything.

There is a black box installed in the dash under my glovebox, which says nothing on it, but has a toggle switch (says on/off, but does not appear to actually turn anything on or off) attached to it by some wires. Also has an open spot on the box that has four tiny switches exposed (1-4).

The box ticks when the passenger door is open, and continues ticking after the passenger door closes for a few seconds and then the interior lights go off.

Can anyone identify my system and tell me about it?
#4 (permalink) Old 03-16-2005, 08:40 PM
da_administrator

da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to da_bull
That sounds like an alarm system (probably aftermarket) that someone has cut the siren wire. What you hear ticking is a relay that is probably for driving the parking lights when the alarm goes off. Since it says "option" its not factory since factory usually denotes what the button is for. "Option" gives you trunk release, remote start, or whatever else the installer wishes to do. A previous owner just may have not released the factory key fobs to the dealer. You may still have an alarm installed. I cant remember where my factory alarm was located, but it would be different than yours anyways, being a different year.

-There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary, and those who do not.

-If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under...Ronald Reagan
#5 (permalink) Old 03-16-2005, 09:02 PM
Neutral Member

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally posted by da_bull@Mar 16 2005, 07:40 PM
That sounds like an alarm system (probably aftermarket) that someone has cut the siren wire. What you hear ticking is a relay that is probably for driving the parking lights when the alarm goes off. Since it says "option" its not factory since factory usually denotes what the button is for. "Option" gives you trunk release, remote start, or whatever else the installer wishes to do. A previous owner just may have not released the factory key fobs to the dealer. You may still have an alarm installed. I cant remember where my factory alarm was located, but it would be different than yours anyways, being a different year.
[snapback]313079[/snapback]
Hmmm, I think it is just a keyless system. Did some checking into the numbers on the parts, found out its an audiovox system.

I dont see any siren in my engine compartment either.

I am going to by the Stellar system...its pretty cool...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Audio and Electronics