BMW Alarm - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

» Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Audio and Electronics
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Audio and Electronics The place to go to discuss sound systems and show off your I.C.E. along with security systems and radar detectors too!

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2006, 02:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Car: 01 bmw mz3
Photos:
neutral2006 is on a distinguished road
BMW Alarm

I'm trying to find a good alarm system for my BMW. Unitedautosecurity.com has 8 different selections for my car-by far the largest number of selections I've seen. Has anyone had any experience with them?
neutral2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2006, 03:22 AM   #2 (permalink)
LYFE SUCK5

Car: 2008 Infiniti G35
Photos:
Ivan has a brilliant futureIvan has a brilliant futureIvan has a brilliant futureIvan has a brilliant futureIvan has a brilliant futureIvan has a brilliant futureIvan has a brilliant futureIvan has a brilliant futureIvan has a brilliant futureIvan has a brilliant futureIvan has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Ivan
factory
Ivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 09:31 PM   #3 (permalink)
/Banned

Car: Audi
Photos:
preyash preyash preyash preyash preyash preyash preyash preyash preyash preyash preyash
Send a message via AIM to preyash Send a message via MSN to preyash Send a message via Yahoo to preyash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan
factory
+1 to IVAN the factory one works really nice
preyash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 05:24 AM   #4 (permalink)
da_administrator

Car: Its slow, gotta M20 in it
Photos:
da_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to da_bull
If you go aftermarket, Viper (or about anything DEI) has about the best quality. Whats your car/year BTW?

-There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary, and those who do not.

-If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under...Ronald Reagan
da_bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 12:37 PM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

Photos:
I have a 2001 MZ3. I'd rather spend the extra $400 for a performance chip. The factory also doesn't have flip keys or the comfort lock via remote. Do you know if DEI has it?
Old 09-12-2006, 09:45 PM   #6 (permalink)
da_administrator

Photos:
da_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond repute
Im not sure of any aftermarket alarms that have flipout keys. Im not familiar with the "comfort lock" your talking about. Enlighten me

-There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary, and those who do not.

-If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under...Ronald Reagan
Old 09-13-2006, 02:44 PM   #7 (permalink)
n00b

Photos:
Quote:
Originally Posted by da_bull
Im not sure of any aftermarket alarms that have flipout keys. Im not familiar with the "comfort lock" your talking about. Enlighten me
United Auto Security LLC - Product Details

The comfort lock is supposed roll-up the windows and sunroof.
Old 09-13-2006, 07:20 PM   #8 (permalink)
da_administrator

Photos:
Quote:
Originally Posted by United Auto Security
...Plus the comfort locking feature****, which allows you to roll up the windows and close the sunroof or convertible top by remote. The best part about this system is that it plugs directly into your BMW alarm port** for easy installation.

**** To find out if your BMW has the comfort locking feature, leave a window open, close the door, and turn the key to the lock position from the outside of the driver’s door. If the windows roll up, then this is the correct system for your Bimmer.
If your car does this and the alarm has that built-in/plug in feature (meaning no additional wiring) thats not too bad. You'll pay that for a good one at a retail store, but that'll probably be installed. Not too bad pricing though. Kinda neat feature if you ask me, knowing that if your alarm is set, your windows are rolled up.

Old 09-27-2006, 10:33 AM   #9 (permalink)
n00b

Photos:
Quote:
Originally Posted by da_bull
If your car does this and the alarm has that built-in/plug in feature (meaning no additional wiring) thats not too bad. You'll pay that for a good one at a retail store, but that'll probably be installed. Not too bad pricing though. Kinda neat feature if you ask me, knowing that if your alarm is set, your windows are rolled up.
I agree. Do you think I should try this company?
Old 09-27-2006, 06:48 PM   #10 (permalink)
da_administrator

Photos:
If its a TRUE plug and play, you wont find an aftermarket one for that price. You'll have to make your own decision on that comapny. I'm not gonna let you come hunt ME down if the reliability isnt there on that alarm .

Old 09-27-2006, 07:54 PM   #11 (permalink)
Pandemonium Director

Car: turbo 325is, 325es, Audi a4 turbo
Photos:
nukeduster has a reputation beyond reputenukeduster has a reputation beyond reputenukeduster has a reputation beyond reputenukeduster has a reputation beyond reputenukeduster has a reputation beyond reputenukeduster has a reputation beyond reputenukeduster has a reputation beyond reputenukeduster has a reputation beyond reputenukeduster has a reputation beyond reputenukeduster has a reputation beyond reputenukeduster has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to nukeduster Send a message via MSN to nukeduster
dei (viper specifically) makes good stuff, audiovox/prestige is up there as well
in the 2 years i worked on aftermarket installs of alarms and thelike we had a zero failure rate with audiovox alarms.

lots of features in the 996a/997a alarms too. i have a 997a (9800 pro) alarm on every vehicle i own. great feature rich system, including up to 7 programmable channels (great for adding extra, remote controlled gadgets)

otherwise viper has good stuff, hornet are alright.. dei in general are alright but stick ith viper, ive had some failures with other dei branded items, specifically cliffords have been problematic.

if you have any questions or want help installing it, i have lots of resources and wiring diagrams for all bmws and how to wire to bypass EWS/ii, and all that sorta thing, plus how to double lock locks, and some other neat tricks you can do with bmws.

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Audio and Electronics