Blew a speaker... - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
Audio and Electronics The place to go to discuss sound systems and show off your I.C.E. along with security systems and radar detectors too!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 05-14-2006, 02:33 AM
5th Gear Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
RexKing86 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to RexKing86
(Thread Starter)
Blew a speaker...

Whats a good aftermarket replacement for the E36? the stock ones are not up to my stadards of music enjoyment...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 05-14-2006, 10:36 AM
da_administrator

da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to da_bull
My suggestion is to always go and listen to the speakers at a car audio a shop (not an electronics mega-store), the sales crew are more knowledgable for the most part. Listen to the same 10-15 seconds of a song, try a different speaker (same 10-15 seconds) until you come up with one pair that sticks out. Dont you or let them adjust any bass/treble settings, you want it in the middle to get a fair comparison. Make sure you find the exact set/brand you want, because you'll have them for a while. I have run my Infinity Kappa's for about 4 years now and been extremely happy with them. At my old shop, I had a choice of 50 different brands I could choose from (we only carried 5-10 brands but others could be had ) . I chose the Infinity's because of their clarity and frequency range, and the tweeters are a silk-dome which are more subtle, more pleasing to the ears than a titanium (which is what a lot of companies have). Good luck shopping and listening. Hope that helps...

Bill

btw, in your sig you didnt say anything about your 1980 chevy longbed...

-There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary, and those who do not.

-If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under...Ronald Reagan
#3 (permalink) Old 05-16-2006, 01:13 AM
5th Gear Member

RexKing86 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to RexKing86
(Thread Starter)
I had MB Quarts in my Audi, were great but pricey. Is installation a PITA on our cars??

#4 (permalink) Old 05-16-2006, 05:56 AM
da_administrator

da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to da_bull
If you did your Audi, you can do your car. Its about the same level of difficulty, as far as removing panels.

-There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary, and those who do not.

-If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under...Ronald Reagan
#5 (permalink) Old 05-22-2006, 11:29 PM
5th Gear Member

Devinish is a splendid one to behold Devinish is a splendid one to behold Devinish is a splendid one to behold Devinish is a splendid one to behold Devinish is a splendid one to behold Devinish is a splendid one to behold Devinish is a splendid one to behold Devinish is a splendid one to behold
I've got some Rockfords, they sound very nice, and haven't blown yet!

The word 'politics' is derived from the word 'poly', meaning 'many', and the word 'ticks', meaning 'blood sucking parasites'.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Audio and Electronics