BMW Werkz banner

Barrel Connectors

1K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  TWKTCC 
#1 ·
I'm embarassed to ask this, but I just wanted to be sure before I start. When using barrel connectors, do the two wires need to overlap before you crimp them together, or is the barrel connector a sufficient enough conductor where they don't have to overlap. I would overlap them just to be sure, but I think the diameter of the connectors I bought might not be big enough. Thanks for anyone's help.

#2 ·
im not familar with a barrel connector, are you sure you don't mean butt connector? The part I am speaking of is a round tube open at both ends.

If that is the part, the more solid the connection, the better.

#9 ·
a lot of people actually twist the wires before using a barrel connector, but i wouldnt only because sometimes you might break the wire when it twists and cause you headaches when you dont realize its broken, ususally (and i dont personally use these because working for a telecomunications company i have the best connectors 3M make) i just overlap them a few times.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.