Recently bought a 95 M3 53K, awesome !
Ran a Carfax report before buying it. All Excellent. And it is...
Except 1 thing : the AUDIO
The head unit is very low. All speakers are 86 ( Kaput ! )
Went to Circuit City and talked to one of those sellsman who recommended me few things to buy. I did my shopping and here is what I got :
- Head unit : SONY MEX5DI CD/MP3 PLAYER ( no amplifier )
- 2 amplifiers Cuspid Model AM-4310 ( 1 for the Subs, 1 for the Head Unit )
- Infinity Kappa 50.5CS 5.25" 5 1/4" Component Speakers ( front )
- Kicker K40 4" Coaxial Speakers ( back )
- 2x600 Watts 12" RED Subwoofer Cuspid
- Enclosure for 2 Subs
- Stinger 4 Channel Hyper 20' RCA Cable Interconnects
- Monster Cable HPBAP-1000 Watt Multi-Amp Kit 4 GAUGE
- Monster THX-Certified Speaker Cable/Wire 16g 50'
- 1800 Watt Amp Kit Gold RCA & Fuse Holder
We thought that it would have been very nice for a change until the Day I brought the car for install :
A new manager from Circuit City came up and said :
" You cannot put any amplifier in your car !
For some reason it will interfer with your computer system and transmission ! "
He added also :
" We tried to install new Amps in 2 BM's in the past and both of them didn't accept any foreign Amps ... "
My question of the day :
AM I STUCK WITH ALL THIS GEARS ???
I tried to call BMW, the guy had no idea...
I hope someone can help me ;-)
My e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
my toll free phone 1 (866) ADWATCH or direct (954) 972-1244
In addition to get some help, I am looking for to be an active member to your web-site.