BMW Werkz banner

Audio installation

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  jllphan 
#1 ·
Hi all,

Recently bought a 95 M3 53K, awesome !

Ran a Carfax report before buying it. All Excellent. And it is...

Except 1 thing : the AUDIO

The head unit is very low. All speakers are 86 ( Kaput ! )

Went to Circuit City and talked to one of those sellsman who recommended me few things to buy. I did my shopping and here is what I got :

- Head unit : SONY MEX5DI CD/MP3 PLAYER ( no amplifier )
- 2 amplifiers Cuspid Model AM-4310 ( 1 for the Subs, 1 for the Head Unit )
- Infinity Kappa 50.5CS 5.25" 5 1/4" Component Speakers ( front )
- Kicker K40 4" Coaxial Speakers ( back )
- 2x600 Watts 12" RED Subwoofer Cuspid
- Enclosure for 2 Subs

- Stinger 4 Channel Hyper 20' RCA Cable Interconnects
- Monster Cable HPBAP-1000 Watt Multi-Amp Kit 4 GAUGE
- Monster THX-Certified Speaker Cable/Wire 16g 50'
- 1800 Watt Amp Kit Gold RCA & Fuse Holder

We thought that it would have been very nice for a change until the Day I brought the car for install :

A new manager from Circuit City came up and said :

" You cannot put any amplifier in your car !
For some reason it will interfer with your computer system and transmission ! "

He added also :

" We tried to install new Amps in 2 BM's in the past and both of them didn't accept any foreign Amps ... "

My question of the day :

AM I STUCK WITH ALL THIS GEARS ???

I tried to call BMW, the guy had no idea...

I hope someone can help me ;-)

My e-mail :

windydayeveryday@usa.com

my toll free phone 1 (866) ADWATCH or direct (954) 972-1244

In addition to get some help, I am looking for to be an active member to your web-site.

Danke Ser,

Shawn.

See less See more
#2 ·
I have one idea... But, you might not want to do it... Sorta radical.

Take everything back to Circuit City--all of it. Get your money back. That is the first step. In my opinion, any establishment that is willing to sell you products that will not fit on your car is not willing to stand behind their 'expertise'.

Next step, go to www.crutchfield.com. As soon as you get on the site, look for a vehicle scroll down and key in your M5. The search engine will only focus on items that will FIT your car. Now, the deal with crutchfield is free shipping and 100% total product backing--they even pay for return shipping. On top of that, they have techs, not sales reps, that you call for advice on building an audio system. These dudes know their stuff, and they stand behind all installs with their products in the way of DETAILED instructions. If instructions mean destructions for you, call the techs and tell them. They will then find you a place to have the crap installed. Crutchfield has good stuff and they are great with respect to customer service.

That's my advice; take it or leave it. Either way, good luck and enjoy your new car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.