BMW Werkz banner

Asking For Code

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Dirty_Tool 
#1 ·
I have a 94 325is with the stock cassette player in it still. Recently the player has asked for a "code". The guy the owned it before me said it had prompted him once so he took it the dealer they got the code for him and the serial number. I put that code in once and it started to work just fine. Later that day I got in my car again and it prompted for the code I tried to enter it and it just beeps at me. I have looked and i am putting in the correct code, but it does not work.

I tried to do a search for this topic but it says too many listings and will not show me any.

Anyone please help. I have already ordered a new clarion cd player, but the adapter is on backorder and I can't go without anything for another month.

#2 ·
If the code is inputted incorrectly at all or if buttons were just randomly pushed while it was in code mode then the unit goes into "lockout" mode and will not accept even the correct code. the fix is to leave the key and the radio on so that the radio displays code. Leave it like this for 1 1/2 hours and then the lockout mode is removed. then you can input the code. keep in mind that if the unit beeps anywhere in the middle of inputting the code you then need to stop and restart inputting the code at that point. This should get you handled.

DT

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.