Anti-theft security alarm - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
Audio and Electronics The place to go to discuss sound systems and show off your I.C.E. along with security systems and radar detectors too!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 04-22-2006, 01:05 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
chicagos_man is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
Angry Anti-theft security alarm

I am problems with my factory anit-theft security alarm on my car, my unlock and lock on my keys stoped working. Everytime a door is open in my 1997 bmw the alarm is activated, however, the car can be started, thus, i would be driving the car with the siren going on. In order to stop this I took out a fuse located in the trunk it helped a little in turning of the siren. However, I am still having problem with flasing lights everytime the door is opened these light would be turned off after 2mins. Anybody know whats going on here?????? heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelllllp

Last edited by chicagos_man; 04-22-2006 at 01:21 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 04-22-2006, 01:12 PM
General Chaos

SpeedInfusion has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to SpeedInfusion
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagos_man
I am problems with my anit-theft security alarm on my car, my unlock and lock on my keys stoped working. Everytime a door is open in my 1997 bmw the alarm is activated, however, the car can be started, thus, i would be driving the car with the siren going on. In order to stop this I took out a fuse located in the trunk it helped a little in turning of the siren. However, I am still having problem with flasing lights everytime the door is opened these light would be turned off after 2mins. Anybody know whats going on here?????? heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelllllp
if its a aftermarket alarm, there should be a kill switch

and this needs to be moved to teh audio/electronics section

#3 (permalink) Old 04-22-2006, 01:40 PM
Millions of them.

Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute
What model BMW do you have? The lounge is for off-topic discussions; I'll move it to the proper section for you unless of course you want to get a bunch of joke reponses.

Welcome to bimmerwerkz by the way.
#4 (permalink) Old 04-23-2006, 07:59 AM
Super Moderator

dutchbmw has a reputation beyond repute dutchbmw has a reputation beyond repute dutchbmw has a reputation beyond repute dutchbmw has a reputation beyond repute dutchbmw has a reputation beyond repute dutchbmw has a reputation beyond repute dutchbmw has a reputation beyond repute dutchbmw has a reputation beyond repute dutchbmw has a reputation beyond repute dutchbmw has a reputation beyond repute dutchbmw has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to dutchbmw
Moved, welcome to bimmerwerkz!

BMW '96 M3 (SOLD)
June 2005 Car Of The Month!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque
I was just dropped off here by aliens one day. They got bored with me.
#5 (permalink) Old 04-23-2006, 05:16 PM
da_administrator

da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to da_bull
yeah thats what i need to know first, whether its factory installed or aftermarket? sounds like aftermarket to me, because (if working properly) the factory alarms arm/disarm with the manual locking/unlocking with the key in the drivers door.

-There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary, and those who do not.

-If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under...Ronald Reagan
#6 (permalink) Old 04-23-2006, 11:00 PM
n00b

chicagos_man is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
No it is not an aftermarket, the problem is the keys to the drivers door of my 1997 bmw got messed up when a tech was replacing my interior speakers and i never got that fixed. However, I open the door throught the drunk. And be aware that my unlock and lock button on my keys are not working either
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Audio and Electronics