AM Acting Strange - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
Audio and Electronics The place to go to discuss sound systems and show off your I.C.E. along with security systems and radar detectors too!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 03-14-2010, 12:06 AM
Kai
4th Gear Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Kai has much to be proud of Kai has much to be proud of Kai has much to be proud of Kai has much to be proud of Kai has much to be proud of Kai has much to be proud of Kai has much to be proud of Kai has much to be proud of Kai has much to be proud of
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Kai
(Thread Starter)
AM Acting Strange

So my girlfriend and I were riding around tonight and for some reason I decided to turn the radio to AM, surprise surprise, static. The strange part is that when I pushed the accelerator a noise like little junky weedeater or leave blower revving up. I pushed the pedal down as far as possible without engaging the little kick button and as the engine kinda of hushed before kicking in... the sound mimicked that exactly, as well as any thing else I did (like tap the pedal quickly). There was also a second sound that was similar to what a car sounds like when it is racing and you are listening to it on TV, this sound also mimicked the car, but the speed, not the acceleration. If I let off the pedal or pushed the brake it would get fainter and slower in at the same rate as my speed decreased. Anyone know whats up with this? Not like it matters, just curious.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 03-14-2010, 12:35 AM
OMFG another one!?

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice
AM radio is very sensitive to electrical interference and atmospheric effects; it can be really bad at night. I know from trying to listen to football games

BMW

Sig by zeaq
#3 (permalink) Old 03-14-2010, 10:23 AM
Kai
4th Gear Member

Kai has much to be proud of Kai has much to be proud of Kai has much to be proud of Kai has much to be proud of Kai has much to be proud of Kai has much to be proud of Kai has much to be proud of Kai has much to be proud of Kai has much to be proud of
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Kai
(Thread Starter)
Yeah, the acceleration noise I accredited to electrical interference but the noise from speed I couldn't really make a logical connection to what would interfere with it.

#4 (permalink) Old 03-14-2010, 11:56 AM
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future
alternators can backfeed through the radio if the resistors are getting a bit weak.

R.I.P fast 6

Two wheels or Four, I'm happy as long as the throttle is pinned.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Audio and Electronics