alpine mp3 changer - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Audio and Electronics
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Audio and Electronics The place to go to discuss sound systems and show off your I.C.E. along with security systems and radar detectors too!

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2004, 10:05 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
jaranus is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi guys, a newbie here....hopfully some one can help me.

I Recently purchased a 528se, very nice. I noticed however that the bmw 6 cd changer seemed to be skipping or holding a second on semi- bumpy roads, I thought the obvious, the changer must be knackered. So I did my research and found an Alpine mp3 changer with all the connections and fitted it....no problem, except it too holds and skips!!. According to the shop the Alpine does not jump, they say it might be the connections. ghead

Has any one had similar problems?

On another note when ever I turn on the BMW, the stereo always blasts out no matter what setting I had left it on!

Thanx

Jaranus
jaranus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2004, 12:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

Car: Dinan Stg 1 M3
Photos:
Slvr e39 has a reputation beyond reputeSlvr e39 has a reputation beyond reputeSlvr e39 has a reputation beyond reputeSlvr e39 has a reputation beyond reputeSlvr e39 has a reputation beyond reputeSlvr e39 has a reputation beyond reputeSlvr e39 has a reputation beyond reputeSlvr e39 has a reputation beyond reputeSlvr e39 has a reputation beyond reputeSlvr e39 has a reputation beyond reputeSlvr e39 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Slvr e39
If I had to take a guess I would say that it was a bad unit, but because both the products had similar problems, I would say that you have a loose connection, maybe in the back of the headunit, is the head unit stock? I have a 1998 528i that I put a sony cd changer in and that works just fine, no skiping....
Old 04-04-2004, 11:23 AM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
ErikB is an unknown quantity at this point
My business CD skipped as well. I called the dealer and they told me that the business CD often "doesn't like" burned CDs (which I was playing exclusively in the business CD). I started to play only store-bought CDs in the business CD and haven't had any issues since.

The changer in the trunk (recently purchased from Ultimate BMW parts) plays the burned CDs just fine.
ErikB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 11:55 AM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
jaranus is an unknown quantity at this point
thanx for your input, if it is a faulty head unit or connection, would bmw be the best lot to sort it for me?

it also skips/holds on all types of cds.

Has anyone got any ideas about the other issue .....when ever I turn on the BMW, the stereo always blasts out no matter what setting I had left it on!
jaranus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 03:06 AM   #5 (permalink)
ex owner/admin

Car: turbo e36 325/s50 and e46 330xi
Photos:
Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious
Send a message via AIM to Furious
moving to audio

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Audio and Electronics