Alarm Doesn't Chirp When Programing Remote - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
Audio and Electronics The place to go to discuss sound systems and show off your I.C.E. along with security systems and radar detectors too!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 01-14-2005, 10:19 AM
5th Gear Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rooz is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Unhappy

Hi guys, I am having a very frustrating issue with my alarm. For some reason when i want to program my keyless entry remote, the alarm doesn't chirp to indicate that the code-learning mode has been initiated.

At one point I thought I ddin't even have one, so I opend up my glove compartement today and saw that I actually do have one. used Any idea on what my problem is? I think that somehow my alarm has been cutt off, but that's just my idea...

VIEW MOD LIST & PICS
I am worth $2,010,238 on HumanForSale.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg
Umnitza now provides a mechanic to install all parts ordered right in the box! It's their new "Total customer service program" that will eliminate all the haters and keep incompetents from breaking shit and blaming the vendor! When you are all set simply call INS and they will pick him up free of charge.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 01-15-2005, 08:53 PM
WOT in Reverse

jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jllphan
Based on the info given, there are a lot of unanswered questions. Are you simply trying to program a remote, or does the alarm even work? Can you make the alarm go off? Is just your remote bad, or is the whole thing not working?

#3 (permalink) Old 01-15-2005, 10:40 PM
5th Gear Member

(Thread Starter)
At this point, the all thing not working, in order to program the remote, I need to have the alarm working, and it appears the there's something wrong with the module, as if the alarm is not active.

VIEW MOD LIST & PICS

Quote:
Umnitza now provides a mechanic to install all parts ordered right in the box! It's their new "Total customer service program" that will eliminate all the haters and keep incompetents from breaking shit and blaming the vendor! When you are all set simply call INS and they will pick him up free of charge.
#4 (permalink) Old 01-16-2005, 09:32 AM
WOT in Reverse

jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jllphan
SO you can bang the shit out of your car, and it won't go off? Has it ever worked?

#5 (permalink) Old 01-16-2005, 01:37 PM
5th Gear Member

(Thread Starter)
as far as I know, no, am assuming I'll need a new alarm module. problem about that is they don't sell the module alone. I have to buy the all thing and BMW sells the all thing for $400. So I need to find the module from somewhere, junk yard, e-bay, wherever.

VIEW MOD LIST & PICS

Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Audio and Electronics