Added Ipod To My Bmw! - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
Audio and Electronics The place to go to discuss sound systems and show off your I.C.E. along with security systems and radar detectors too!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 06-04-2005, 10:52 AM
1st Gear Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Fangs will become famous soon enough Fangs will become famous soon enough
(Thread Starter)
After reading up on this forum, I just purchased and installed a new ipod and the interface unit form Crutchfield that lets you control the ipod exactly as if it were a OEM 6-Disk CD changer.

The previous owner had the small CD changer istalled in the glove box, and it died ghead (thus my ipod purchase - a HELL of a lot cheaper)

The USA Spec unit itself is small, but the cable that comes with it is like 15 feet long, and takes up a huge amount of space in my glove box. So I have two questions:

1. Is it possible to buy a shorter cable to go between the Cars CD changer jack and the USA Spec unit? And/or hide it?

2. Where the hell in the trunk is the rear CD changer jack? And how much of a pain in the ass would it be to run the cable from the trunk to the glove box where I will keep the ipod?

Thanks!

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:blue'>I don't drive fast,</span> <span style='color:red'>I FLY LOW</span></span>
'99 323i
'02 540i
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Audio and Electronics