'93 325i Subwoofer Box -- How Big Will Fit? - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

» Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Audio and Electronics
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Audio and Electronics The place to go to discuss sound systems and show off your I.C.E. along with security systems and radar detectors too!

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2005, 08:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
ologyaudio is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi everyone,
I thought this would be the best place to ask for help... My old friend is getting a '93 BMW 325i and is wanting to get a nice pair of subwoofers for his new system. Now I've been doing custom audio design work for some time now and am getting him some subs built that are better than jl audio 13w7s for a sweet price... They do their best in a sealed box from 1.5-2.5 cuft each or in a ported alignment of 3+cuft each tuned between 27hz for 3cuft all the way down to 16hz for 8cuft each (This obviously is best suited for home audio where there’s room to spare). Now I would like to build him a box in the neighborhood of 6-10 cuft internal volume and tune between 21-25hz, however I need the dimensions of the trunk so I can build the box so there will be as much useable storage space as possible... If anyone out there has this vehicle and is willing to take some detailed measurements of the trunk we would greatly appreciate it... If nothing else the smallest trunk width, clearance height, and depth would be appreciated.

I would be glad to hook anyone that can help up with some nice deals.

Also... I have about a month before the subwoofer drivers are assembled, I just placed the order today so if anyone else wants in on this buy let me know and I would be glad to help, as it would help bring prices down for us as well. Right now these things are costing $410 and will weigh 38lbs each so figure shipping from 40165, however if a bunch of people are interested the price will surely drop.

Thanks a bunch in advance for any assistance,
Dylan Matlow
ologyaudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2005, 10:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
da_administrator

Car: Its slow, gotta M20 in it
Photos:
da_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to da_bull
welcome to the forums.

I would talk with the forum mods before trying to sell items here at bimmerwerkz. we have sponsors that pay to advertise here.

2nd, 6-10 cu.ft. in a 3-series will have to be built in the car, there isnt any way you'll be able to get the box that big in the trunk opening.

-There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary, and those who do not.

-If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under...Ronald Reagan
da_bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 01:04 AM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
ologyaudio is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks for the welcome.

I guess I ought to change my question arround a little... Whats the deepest cabinet with a height of 15.5" that will fit in the entrence to the trunk of a 93' 325i? -- Alternatively will a 17" cube fit in the trunk? If not how about a 15.5" cube (the smallest that the subwoofer would like...)

Aditionaly who should I ask about trying to start a group buy? I can just donate 1/2 of the profit margin (which would end up being about $7) to the forum of anyone that participares... If thats not an option feel free to edit out any refrences to a group buy moderators. I was simply trying to give somthing back to the forum being a new member asking for some info, hope there are no hard feelings from the moderators.

Thanks again,
Dylan
ologyaudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Audio and Electronics