5 star screws on stock tape player e36 - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Audio and Electronics
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Audio and Electronics The place to go to discuss sound systems and show off your I.C.E. along with security systems and radar detectors too!

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2007, 01:58 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
4inPWR is on a distinguished road
5 star screws on stock tape player e36

hey, after a good little while of looking for a 328is from 97 i finally found one for a decent price here in ontario, canada(i'm not canadian btw). my first project of course is to replace that stock tape player since i don't even own any tapes. my problem is the two screws that are to the sides of the tape player. do you need a bmw specific tool to unscrew these or is it just some sort of screw driver i have never heard of. btw if those screws don't need to be undone in order to put in aftermarket cd player and i'm just blind please let me know, also if you know of any links/tutorials that might help me not damage or scratch anything it would be much appreciated. i have already bought the wiring harness for the car and i just need to get the tape player out the rest i can take care of myself. btw that din seems a little bigger, will the aftermarket cd player fit in there flush without any gaps on the edge(i have the plastic ring to go around it)? any help would be much appreciated and i thank you for it in advance.
4inPWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-02-2007, 04:57 AM   #2 (permalink)
da_administrator

Car: Its slow, gotta M20 in it
Photos:
da_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to da_bull
Yuppers, you'll have to use the plastic ring that goes on the front of the radio, but its the same size. If you are VERY careful, a 2 or 2.5mm (I cant remember off the top of my head and @ 5 in the morning) allen will fit in there, but there is an actual 5-sided tool that works better. Just unscrew them (normal lefty-loosey, righty-tighty) and it'll slide out in your hands. Good job in getting the harness, you wont regret that purchase. Good luck and to the forums BTW...

-There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary, and those who do not.

-If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under...Ronald Reagan
da_bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 09:29 AM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
heya! Thanks for the advice!

i'm pretty eager to go and try those allen keys right now. i have a plastic trim that is the same size as the stock one, but this one came with my aftermarket deck and it matches its color, i think i'll just use this instead, altough its a clip on instead of a screw on. is the aftermarket deck going to be supported by anything else in that dashboard other than those two puny brass screws!?
Old 07-02-2007, 10:02 AM   #4 (permalink)
my car is red

Car: 94 325i, 84 325e
Photos:
94BMW325i has much to be proud of94BMW325i has much to be proud of94BMW325i has much to be proud of94BMW325i has much to be proud of94BMW325i has much to be proud of94BMW325i has much to be proud of94BMW325i has much to be proud of94BMW325i has much to be proud of94BMW325i has much to be proud of94BMW325i has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to 94BMW325i Send a message via Yahoo to 94BMW325i
I don't know if you have one of those little screwdriver sets that comes with like 2 or 3 torx bits, but those work also. As far as holding the headunit in place (the new aftermarket one) it should come with a little cage that you put the headunit in, and the headunit will click once it is in all of the way, with my alpine headunit I had to push REALLY hard to get it to click in, but now under hard braking it doesnt slide at all .

member and partial creator of pimpin the auto club
94BMW325i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 11:01 AM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
hey

i just setup the wiring harness plugged it in but now i have two round connectors that aren't hooked up one is fairly big and one is puny it looks like a wireless router antenna connector. i'm pretty sure one of them would be the bmw amplifier i've been reading about and the other one the antenna, but do i need to get an adapter for them since my aftermarket deck is from north america?
Old 07-02-2007, 12:16 PM   #6 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
scratch the last question

never mind about the last question, one is my antenna and one is diversity antenna. question is now if i turn my radio on ( with the antennas not plugged in i get the buzzing through my speakers and also the cd player beeps) If i put it on anything else like aux input or cd i can't hear the music!? why is that?
Old 07-02-2007, 07:55 PM   #7 (permalink)
da_administrator

Car: Its slow, gotta M20 in it
Photos:
da_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to da_bull
swap the blue wire with the blue/white stripe. you are using the power antenna lead instead of the power amplifier lead to turn on your factory amp.

-There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary, and those who do not.

-If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under...Ronald Reagan
da_bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 11:27 PM   #8 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
thanks

thanks im gonna go try and do that right now you guys are of great help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Audio and Electronics