330i HK stereo system - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
Audio and Electronics The place to go to discuss sound systems and show off your I.C.E. along with security systems and radar detectors too!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 09-25-2003, 01:09 AM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Incendiary is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
If you could improve any one thing about the system, what would it be? Bass, speaker quality at high volumes, amplification? Sub strength?

I'm trying to decide if I should/need to replace anything.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 09-26-2003, 05:21 PM
Ski
Sheer Driving Pleasure

Ski is an unknown quantity at this point
Let's bust this to Audio section..

My Jet Black's
'03 3.0i Z4 Loaded
'02 325Ci Loaded
'06 330xi Loaded
#3 (permalink) Old 09-26-2003, 05:30 PM
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to woobiee
i have the HK system in my 323ci, and first thing i did took out the subs and put in 2 aftermarket subs with an aftermarket amp. for me, the bass in the hk is not enough for me.

the speakers are fine until you crank it up real real high. i 'may' replace them in the future.
#4 (permalink) Old 09-26-2003, 06:06 PM

MrM3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to MrM3
Quote:
Originally posted by woobiee@Sep 26 2003, 05:10 PM
i have the HK system in my 323ci, and first thing i did took out the subs and put in 2 aftermarket subs with an aftermarket amp. for me, the bass in the hk is not enough for me.

the speakers are fine until you crank it up real real high. i 'may' replace them in the future.
hey woobiee do you know what kind of speakers the HK system uses? i know they say harmon kardon, but doesnt HK just use renamed Infinity reference or kappas in the 3series?
#5 (permalink) Old 09-26-2003, 06:26 PM

woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute
i wished i knew, i never opened up the speakers yet. i heard somewhere that they were nokia speakers? kinda strange huh. its very odd that they would use speakers other thank HK even though it is the HK system
#6 (permalink) Old 09-26-2003, 09:00 PM

MrM3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to MrM3
here's something interesting i found off google. Harmon Kardon as well as other speaker brands are manufactured by Harman-Motive. so all these brands are basically the same speaker built to different specs, and after looking around a few people were able to make direct comparisons with a certain range of JBL speakers to the 'HarmonKardon' speakers bmw uses.

But i guess since bmw has a contract with harmon kardon and harmon kardon owns Harman Motive (the manufacturer) they can put the HK badge on any of these speakers:

Harman-Motive produces high-end sound systems, including JBL, Infinity, Harman-Kardon, Mark Levinson, and Becker.

Over the years, Harman-Motive has built its reputation for high-quality products and forward-thinking management practices by "tuning in" to the needs of its customers, which include the likes of BMW, Lexus, Toyota, and Chrysler.

was anybody able to follow this? :P
#7 (permalink) Old 09-26-2003, 09:00 PM
3rd Gear Member

peterkulesza is an unknown quantity at this point
does the alpine cd changer (best buy for little $$, as opposed to bmw) fit the trunk bay ?

peter
#8 (permalink) Old 09-26-2003, 10:15 PM

im not sure if you can hook up an aftermarket cd changer to a stock bmw unit. Vice versa, im 90% sure that you cannot put a bmw changer to an aftermarket unit. There are special cases like alpine since some bmw audio components are made by alpine, it would sometimes work.
#9 (permalink) Old 10-03-2003, 02:37 PM
n00b

anups is an unknown quantity at this point
I have a 2001 bmw 330ci and I have an Alpine 6disc changer in the trunk works prefectly. You may need an in line adapter for the alpine changer though. I think I saw one on eBay once...

Hope that helps!
#10 (permalink) Old 10-15-2003, 03:24 PM
n00b

ZeroHM is an unknown quantity at this point
Anups or anybody for that matter,

Don't you need the adapter for your Alpine changer?
I've got a 2001 325i with the HK upgrade. Does anyone know if I'll need the signal adapter?

I want the MP3 changer, does that use the same controls?

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

ZeroHM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Audio and Electronics