BMW Werkz banner

Looking For In-dash Monitor

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  mikester328 
#1 ·
Yo all,

I'm looking for a product that is an in-dash monitor, with DVD player. If it also has inputs for a laptop that'd be great. I'm pretty handy with computers, as I build them and troublshoot them but car audio is pretty foreign to me. Does anyone have any products like these? I've searched on google and there are alot of namebrands out there... just wondering if anyone has a touch-screen monitor w/ DVD or if they can recommend one.

Thanks, Mike

#2 ·
Originally posted by mikester318@Oct 23 2004, 01:37 PM
Yo all,

I'm looking for a product that is an in-dash monitor, with DVD player. If it also has inputs for a laptop that'd be great. I'm pretty handy with computers, as I build them and troublshoot them but car audio is pretty foreign to me. Does anyone have any products like these? I've searched on google and there are alot of namebrands out there... just wondering if anyone has a touch-screen monitor w/ DVD or if they can recommend one.

Thanks, Mike
[snapback]216795[/snapback]​
There's only one.....the "Pioneer AVIC N1". find in on ebay for $1000. See details at the Pioneer websites. Specs are at Crutchfield electronics website!

This system has DVD/MP3/CD/GPS NAV/optional remote/hook ups for optional rear camera mount w/parking sensors/hook ups for input/output for digital or AV stuff/ Velocity,Torque and G-force sensors and on screen readout guages/ Also the screen flips out of the radio face and its a touch select screen.

Its about $200 to wire to your car.

#3 ·
Originally posted by Delmarco+Oct 23 2004, 02:25 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Delmarco @ Oct 23 2004, 02:25 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-mikester318@Oct 23 2004, 01:37 PM
Yo all,

I'm looking for a product that is an in-dash monitor, with DVD player.  If it also has inputs for a laptop that'd be great.  I'm pretty handy with computers, as I build them and troublshoot them but car audio is pretty foreign to me.  Does anyone have any products like these?  I've searched on google and there are alot of namebrands out there... just wondering if anyone has a touch-screen monitor w/ DVD or if they can recommend one.

Thanks, Mike
[snapback]216795[/snapback]​
There's only one.....the "Pioneer AVIC N1". find in on ebay for $1000. See details at the Pioneer websites. Specs are at Crutchfield electronics website!

This system has DVD/MP3/CD/GPS NAV/optional remote/hook ups for optional rear camera mount w/parking sensors/hook ups for input/output for digital or AV stuff/ Velocity,Torque and G-force sensors and on screen readout guages/ Also the screen flips out of the radio face and its a touch select screen.

Its about $200 to wire to your car.
[snapback]216828[/snapback]​
[/b][/quote]

good call delmarco, that is by far the way to go, that unit is sweet

#4 ·
Ah sweet man, thanks for recommending that... sounds exactly what I want... if I bought the unit, how difficult and complex would the wiring be? For now I just want to be able to play a DVD, or CD and use the touch screen to play them through my speakers. I have the Bentley E36 manual for my car and it contains plenty of information on electronics and diagrams... I've only browsed through it though. What wiring would I need?

Thanks for your help man...
Mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.