BMW Werkz banner

1995 325i Audio Questions

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  da_bull 
#1 ·
Hi I wanted to know where the subs are in the car and how big they are, also how much watts the subs get. Any ideas on how to set up different subs from the stock deck I am new to audio I don't really get how it works but I have a guy who knows how i just need to know what to buy to set up some nice subs without putting them in a big box in the trunk I saw one on ebay that will mount in the trunk with 10 inch subs on the sides which looked cool any ideas or what i should start to buy. Do you think i should get new speakers or tweeters also? All info will be appreciated
Thanks,

Bimmer-325i

#3 ·
Bimmer-325i said:
Hi I wanted to know where the subs are in the car and how big they are, also how much watts the subs get. Any ideas on how to set up different subs from the stock deck I am new to audio I don't really get how it works but I have a guy who knows how i just need to know what to buy to set up some nice subs without putting them in a big box in the trunk I saw one on ebay that will mount in the trunk with 10 inch subs on the sides which looked cool any ideas or what i should start to buy. Do you think i should get new speakers or tweeters also? All info will be appreciated
Thanks,

Bimmer-325i
You can basically put any aftermarket sub with your amplifier. One thing, stick with brands you know or that have been around for a long time. Alpine, Kenwood, Infinity, Pioneer, Sony, and a bunch more I'm sure I've forgotten, all make fairly decent product.

Looks dont always mean performance. I would start your system with the subs because BMW dont outfit their sound systems for bass performance (the newer ones are getting better). The next upgrade would be the midrange speakers as, once again, BMW speakers can sound a litle tinny.

hope that helps....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.