BMW Werkz banner

1993 325i Sedan Stereo Question

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Benny Z 
#1 ·
Hello...

First, let me explain that I have searched, so please don't automatically point me to the site's search function. The results I have retreived seem to be mixed, so I am hoping for clarification.

I purchased a 1993 325i sedan yesterday. It has a tape deck in-dash and a CD changer in the trunk. Speakers are in the kick panel and doors up front and on the deck lid in the rear.

My question is this...

Does this system have an external amplifier hidden in the car, or is the system powered by an internal amplifier in the in-dash tape deck?

I'm wanting to replace the tape deck with an aftermarket CD player, but want to be sure I don't fry anything in the process if I need to bypass an external amplifier.

TIA

- Ben

#2 ·
first things first, welcome to bmw-forums

second thing this belongs in the audio forum (i will move it)

third thing is that yes the system has an external amp, its located behind the wall on the drivers side of the trunk. you can add another deck in, almost all of have done it anyways, you shouldnt fry the stock amp, but its always best to upgrade it while your doing all the work

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.