BMW Werkz banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

1992 325i (E36) Amplifier wiring?

32K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  witeshark 
#1 ·
I have a '92 325i 4-door with 6 speakers up front and four (well, two, now that I've replaced the Nokia boxes with some particle-board-mounted 6-1/2" coaxials) in the back. The back speakers were easy to put in as the Nokia boxes were fed by a single channel each and had internal crossovers, so I just plugged those wires into the 6-1/2"s and let the speakers' internal crossovers do the work. What I'm looking to do now is take out the stock amp and power the speakers directly from my head unit - an Alpine 9803 or somesuch, I forget the exact number. I have found some places where I could get 3-way crossovers to wire in for the front speakers from the head unit output, but I'm puzzled as to where the stock crossovers are. I've seen this image (http://www.unofficialbmw.com/e36/stereo/e36_200w_stereo_pinouts.gif) but it doesn't match what I have in my '92. My amp is labled as a Blaupunkt and has two twelve-pin connectors hooked up to it, which sounds like this one (http://www.bmwworld.com/audio/wiring/e34_12pin.htm) but is different in that the rear outputs are done without seperation and only have one set of wires for each side.

Does anyone know which wires in this are which or are there any service manuals that would have schematics on it? Thanks.

#4 ·
Yeah, I'd seen that one, but it's not the same as what's in my car. My amp has two 12-pin connectors and no 26-pin one. However, I took out today and traced the wires and managed to figure them out - now I'm just waiting for my crossovers to get here and I'll bypass it completely.

#7 ·
another easy way to find out speaker cables is to just take some small battery eg. 1.5v aa battery por anythingn and just touch it to a + cable and then just start trying the other cables withthe other end of the battry and you get a small noise in the speaker when u find one...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.