BMW Werkz banner

How do I change...

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  leibniz 
#1 ·
Ok, I have looked in my manual and it is not there. I have fidgited for 30 minutes and can't get it..

Can someone please tell me the trick to change the odometre display from kms to miles (and back) in my 1997 328i ?

Thanks.

:banghead

#2 ·
Originally posted by leibniz@Apr 8 2004, 06:30 PM
Ok, I have looked in my manual and it is not there. I have fidgited for 30 minutes and can't get it..

Can someone please tell me the trick to change the odometre display from kms to miles (and back) in my 1997 328i ?

Thanks.

:banghead
There is no such thing. That's probably why you can't find it in the manual or figure it out.

The only way to change anything on that odometer is to "illegally" roll it back, or forward :lol:

Bry

#4 ·
Ahhh... maybe you don't understand.

EVERY picture of an BMW in America I've seen shows the milage in miles. My display shows kms. I can't belive there isn't a display option to show the odometer reading in miles instead of kms....

i.e.: I don't want to CHANGE the milage, I just want it to show 50000 miles instead of 70000 kms. The manual shows that "miles" in the display build.

I guess to be even more specific, I want display options to show in imperial units, rather than metric, like 100% of the (American) BMW odometers I have seen pictures of.

I really don't care that much, since we are metric here in Canada; I just like to know EVERYTHING about, and what every option does, on my car.

No?

#5 ·
OK forget it.

I found the issue. Whereas I thought that all BMWs had imperial AND metric in the cluster, that is not that case. My particular 1997 328i is purely a metric machine when it comes to the speedometer, and the odometer. OBC still translates to imperial, but not the cluster.

So that's my answer. That's all I was looking for.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.